What's New from Legomanbiffo !

charliepetty

I see you are at Southampton soon. Never been there before and am currently on crutches. How crowded does it get? I am not sure I would cope if it is really busy.

Cheers,

Roy

I believe Sunday is the best 'Less Crowded Day',  This is a busy weeked and I am in Dartford, Nigel in Pontefract, Steve & Richard in Southampton and Legoman ( Biff)  in Birmingham.

Now that is busy!!!    PLEASE Ask Steve to demo the 'amazing' NEW Class 47, its the best ever.

Edited by charliepetty

STEVENAGE  show this weekend, we have for your pleasure:

The ALL NEW Class 47. It Brilliant.

The ALL NEW Class 45. With Earth Mover Speakers.  WOW!

The Tamper with Earth Mover Speakers

The Sutton Loco Works Class 24, as you have never heard one before, of course ESU Decoder fitted.

The Dapol O Gauge 08.

Plus all the other boring 50 + locomotives will bring along.  ASK for a demo and a drive, don't forget, 'Drive Lock is here'

Charlie & Biff.

• RMweb Gold

I believe Sunday is the best 'Less Crowded Day',  This is a busy weeked and I am in Dartford, Nigel in Pontefract, Steve & Richard in Southampton and Legoman ( Biff)  in Birmingham.

Now that is busy!!!    PLEASE Ask Steve to demo the 'amazing' NEW Class 47, its the best ever.

Thanks Charlie, much appreciated. Will try to get along and hobble round.

Roy

Southampton Show:

We are taking along a number of the Superb Earth Mover fitted locomotives, as Eastleigh is due an Earth Quake!!   The All New Class 47 will be there being run with our new speakers for the 'First Time'.

Charlie and Biff are elsewhere working as our world domination tour starts soon, so please ask Steve or Richard about 'Anything' PLEASE.

We are not doing reblows at Southampton, so we need your PRE ORDERS for collection now please.

IF you have nothing to do next weekend you could pop in to see Charlie in Dartford Kent!!

Very busy this time of year, YouTube clips will be done when time permits.  Charlie

PPS The old one was quite good, but when we were out recording the new project,  its failing in our eyes were known and we spent quality time hiring the full train for 'TWO' full days to get the recordings we required to create a totally new project.

Total Commitment from the Legomanbiffo Team, and a nice donation to the loco owners too!

Charlie

• Like 3

Hi Charlie / Biff ,

Any chance of a new class 50 project , I recall Biff saying a couple of years ago that his 50 project was rather old & basic but he had done a new set of recordings .

Stewart .

Carlisle? 50? Don't see the connection.

Kidding of course. I spent many a day at New Yard, watching them go through, 2 at a time.

I'm modelling the East Coast Main Line but still have a pair to run so I'm certainly interested in the definitive class 50.

Guest eddie reffin

Got round to installing my Class 27 sound decoder and tank unit today. Wow!! What a brilliant sound coming from it. So pleased with the quality. 

Well done guys!

Stewart,

I did revisit my existing Class 50 recordings recently to bring them closer to 'modern standards'. I made some fairly significant improvements to the responsiveness, and made the much quicker warm start the default. You can still kick-off with the cold start if you wish by turning F1 off and back on again. Quite a few other minor improvements as well, including drivelock, sound fade in and out on the move, slow light fade and so on.

Richard Armstrong and I did record another loco and had four mics deployed. The recordings are great at idle and slow speeds but all four sets suffer from a very weird artefact when the loco opens up, like you were listening to it down a long drainpipe. As such they are unusable. Haven't worked out how much that cost us but fortunately we recorded another loco the same day so not a complete write-off. We will try again at some point, with a different loco.

Bif

Got round to installing my Class 27 sound decoder and tank unit today. Wow!! What a brilliant sound coming from it. So pleased with the quality. 

Well done guys!

This and the Class 26 are one of our top sellers, with the Class 33 not far behind, the best is our West Highland Class 37,  but we have high hopes for our all new Class 47.

Thank you for your nice words., see you at a show somewhere, where do you live?  Charlie

Guest eddie reffin

This and the Class 26 are one of our top sellers, with the Class 33 not far behind, the best is our West Highland Class 37,  but we have high hopes for our all new Class 47.

Thank you for your nice words., see you at a show somewhere, where do you live?  Charlie

I've already got my list for going to Glasgow. WHL37/4 is a must! 

I'm up in Inverness 

Edited by eddie reffin

Charlie, Biff.

Re this new Class 47. Please could you tell me what Version Number is on the chip label for this?

Cheers

Dave.

Hi Charlie/Bif

Got a few speaker updates and want to fit the new earth movers once you have them in stock could you give me the sizes of these speakers including the sound chamber as having not seen one wondered how big they are

Also are you going to the pontefract this weekend .

Cheers

Mick

Hi Charlie/Bif

Got a few speaker updates and want to fit the new earth movers once you have them in stock could you give me the sizes of these speakers including the sound chamber as having not seen one wondered how big they are

Also are you going to the pontefract this weekend .

Cheers

Mick

From an earlier thread.

EM dimensions as promised, all in mm;

EM1 56 x 25 x 10

EM2 66 x 30 x 15

EM3 89 x 37 x 22

EM4 136 x 55 x 32

Dave.

Dave,

Don't listen to Charlie, he'll tell you anything! :-)

I had originally intended the serial number to follow on from my existing 47 as I only planned to change the engine sounds, so it would have been v4 mnr 47 v15 or whatever the 47 is up to, I forget. A handful went out like that. I quickly realised that there were going to be quite a number of new features over and above that (handbrake on / off sounds, new horns, reverser hiss when you change ends, sanders etc) so I decided to give it its own identity; v4 mnr 47 v1 (mnr being Mid-Norfolk Railway, where it was recorded).

One of the features I've recently rolled out is to set one of the user id CV's (CV105) to the version number, so you can read it without having to open the loco and read the little white label.

Bif