The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

mjkerr

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Apparently some footage of Carrie Fisher, possibly from TLJ, might be reused for Ep. IX. Permission has been given by her brother and daughter to use it according to Jedi Newts: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/lucasfilm-received-permission-include-carrie-fisher-episode-ix/

• RMweb Gold

She had already filmed her part when she died.

Yep but Ian referred to the next one ;) TLJ is episode 8 or VIII, the one Carrie had completed filming, episode IX is what the site he mentioned referred to (or 9 as us modernists call it)  ;)

I'm confused and I wrote that :)

• RMweb Premium

She had already filmed her part when she died.

Yep but Ian referred to the next one ;) TLJ is episode 8 or VIII, the one Carrie had completed filming, episode IX is what the site he mentioned referred to (or 9 as us modernists call it)   ;)

That's right.

What concerns me is that there is apparently going to be no alteration of the footage (that is, any CGI work on it). If that's so, then they must have found a way to fit the content of whatever was filmed into the story of IX (9), which suggests perhaps unwise rewriting of IX's screenplay just to achieve getting Fisher into it.

This is one of the problems in the lag between the pre-production, principal photography, post-production, re-sequencing reshoots, final cut post-production 
Complicated further by the misalignment in film release schedule (Episode 8 is December 2017 and Episode 9 is May 2019) 

Episode 8 (TLJ) is about to have re-shoots 
At the same time Episode 9 will commence principal photography 
Ironically, that makes it easier as (most of) the actors are already scheduled 

Hint : Keeping my diary for July COMPLETELY clear!

Yep but Ian referred to the next one ;) TLJ is episode 8 or VIII, the one Carrie had completed filming, episode IX is what the site he mentioned referred to (or 9 as us modernists call it)   ;)

I'm confused and I wrote that :)

Sorry, didn't read that properly.

It's the mix of numbers and numerals it's confusing as hell ;)

If you think that is bad, try working on them! 

Episode VII - Episode 7 - Foodles Productions - AVCO 

Episode VIII - Episode 8 - Space Bear Industries - Space Bear

• RMweb Premium

Apparently, at the Star Wars Celebration Event in Orlando, Florida this weekend, Kathleen Kennedy has stated officially that Carrie Fisher won't be in IX. The statements by Todd Fisher and Billie Lourd don't appear to have been in response to any actual Lucasfilm request.

Just be careful how you word posts on this this thread as I must remind you that religion is a banned topic on this forum... all this sci fi talk does my diodes in .. the doors will have personalities next... I'm off for a lie down at I think you will find the other end of the universe...

• RMweb Gold

Just be careful how you word posts on this this thread as I must remind you that religion is a banned topic on this forum... all this sci fi talk does my diodes in .. the doors will have personalities next... I'm off for a lie down at I think no you will find the other end of the universe...

Eh? Did you delete something? :scratchhead:

Is not talking about sci fi denial of existence, or just parenting issues Marv? :jester:

• RMweb Premium

...I'm off for a lie down at I think you will find the other end of the universe...

What, not Sqornshellous Zeta, with all those lovely mattresses...? ;)

Archived