Little Muddle

KNP

53 minutes ago, davidparker172 said:

I have recently been directed to this build for inspiration, and all i can say is WOW!

I am beginning to go through all 400+ posts so forgive me if its in there somewhere, but do you have an overall track plan and sizes for this layout?

Many thanks

Thanks for the kind words.

Welcome to the journey, are you any good at fixing engine shed doors or getting a crate off a lorry????

Just hoping….

There is a plan near the beginning….. not sure where but it is there….. if not I ought to an updated one as this layout never stands still……as you will find reading through it….!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Shouldn't that be past tense. As in - he was new to the area because once he hits the brick wall at full speed he will a) know about the brick wall and b)  be dead.

Not a problem, at full speed he will have plenty of time to stop on Little Muddle! :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

2 hours ago, Benbow said:

Not a problem, at full speed he will have plenty of time to stop on Little Muddle! :jester:

Ah yes I'd forgotten that. Well I suppose then it would be in slow motion impact which would cast a whole different light on the matter.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Ah yes I'd forgotten that. Well I suppose then it would be in slow motion impact which would cast a whole different light on the matter.

Seeing as it'll take about a week to happen be plenty of chances for good photographic evidence to be gathered of the impending disaster, hopefully not as bad as Harrow

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Seeing as it'll take about a week to happen be plenty of chances for good photographic evidence to be gathered of the impending disaster, hopefully not as bad as Harrow

Just make certain it's a slow Mo camera otherwise we'll never get to see it.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Actually, the heading for the wall situation reminds me of someone I went to school with who lived in a big old Georgian house with attic rooms. He and his brother and sister had the run of them and I remember his train set being built on lots of chipboard wardrobe doors along the back wall. Nobody seemed to mind that we cut holes through two lath and plaster walls about 6" square to run the trains through. It ended up as a kind of double track dumbbell. It was a bit of a lash up, but there was plenty of room to let a Hornby Brittania fly along.

Our house was built in the sixties and the attic was a maze of wooden trusses. Most frustrating....

• Like 5