The McMullen Coal Company Light Railway

Owd Bob

I'm not greedy but they are.....well are'nt they all?  :tomato: Anyway i've seen that ad' on telly were the owd bloke buys a traction engine and his family are stood looking at it Gob smacked :O all of 'em thinking is that what your going to leave us? Well i want the same effect..pay back from beyond the grave. :jester: Actually bought my first ever steam loco' this morning...so its a big day for me, and i've waited long enough for it! Only two more Females to wind up now!  :smoke:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm not greedy but they are.....well are'nt they all?  :tomato: Anyway i've seen that ad' on telly were the owd bloke buys a traction engine and his family are stood looking at it Gob smacked :O all of 'em thinking is that what your going to leave us? Well i want the same effect..pay back from beyond the grave. :jester: Actually bought my first ever steam loco' this morning...so its a big day for me, and i've waited long enough for it! Only two more Females to wind up now!  :smoke:

I have seen that advert and it irritates the hebies out of me. Talk about reinforcing sterotypes. I would be overjoyed if my Dad came home with a traction engine (you probably wouldn't be able to get me off it).

WHAT! Who! WHAT! Where! Piccies please! YAY!  :imsohappy:  :imsohappy:

I'm saving it up as a surprise for the weekend Idris, plus it won't arrive until then anyway, and i might have bought two more by then :O​ ...i live for today and sod tomorrow 'cos i might wake up dead! and i've waited long enough, cos get it spent while you can is my motto :locomotive: you can't take it with you! :jester: The loco' is not what i first wanted but i think is a better choice for my small line :sungum: and its now considered a rare collectible version, it's aptly named which i liked a lot which swayed my decision.  

Edited by Owd Bob

Well i broke the news last night to swmbo that her little summer house is getting shifted elsewhere and i'm getting a bigger shed put in its place :butcher:  :boast: i could'nt tell what her reply was because of her thick Yorkshire accent...funny how she always regresses back into thick Yorkshire dialect when she's angry :laugh:  :crazy:

With mine, the Memsahib, it's when she goes silent that you know you're for it.  She has one of those Paddington Bear Hard Stares that turns the knees to jelly and walls to rubble.

• Like 2

You've not sold swmbo ??? :onthequiet:  :locomotive:   congrats on the steam loco and yes lets see some piccies    phil

• RMweb Gold

With mine, the Memsahib, it's when she goes silent that you know you're for it.  She has one of those Paddington Bear Hard Stares that turns the knees to jelly and walls to rubble.

Ah that old chestnut. At that point I leg it and hide in the bathroom!

You've not sold swmbo ??? :onthequiet:  :locomotive:   congrats on the steam loco and yes lets see some piccies    phil

Have you tried selling a Yorkshire lass recently? You get no end of earache!

I sold the other Woman in my life! and that took just as much time and money to keep as well :senile: Yorkshire Women are like the price of scrap at the minute, the prices per Kilo has dropped :tomato: One of the other loco's i'm interested in is a Katie which i'll chop up for my own project body shell/cab treatment Idris :butcher:  :D  So i'm still sticking to my plans. :locomotive:

Edited by Owd Bob
  • Like 3

Just been tarting the old bridge up a bit by putting on some fake steel plastic card plates and rivets with car sealer, the rivet heads are those cheap nail art things. Its idea i pinched from elsewhere but the first time i have used it for myself, and at only a quid for nearly a thousand from the pound shops i think 'Cambrian Models' takings will be a bit down off me this year!  ;) I'll sand down and re-prime and repaint the whole bridge Racing Green,and do the plates in Black with some added rust detail on the fake rivets.

post-31611-0-25389600-1493230307_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-90957000-1493230347_thumb.jpg

Not exactly sparkling in todays rain Jon' but i've tried mi best! I made a planked walkway along the insides of the bridge using 2mm thick plastic card scored with a hacksaw blade to replicate the wood grain and then be-jeweled and all stuck down as usual with car seam sealer, and just as i was taking the pics' this big box arrived! Wonder whats inside???' :secret:  :imsohappy:

post-31611-0-23347000-1493282591_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-98584500-1493282616_thumb.jpg

post-31611-0-56805400-1493282653_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Not exactly sparkling in todays rain Jon' but i've tried mi best! I made a planked walkway along the insides of the bridge using 2mm thick plastic card scored with a hacksaw blade to replicate the wood grain and then be-jeweled and all stuck down as usual with car seam sealer, and just as i was taking the pics' this big box arrived! Wonder whats inside???' :secret:  :imsohappy:

attachicon.gif2010-01-29 14.15.47.jpg

attachicon.gif2010-01-29 14.15.54-1.jpg

attachicon.gif2010-01-29 14.18.16.jpg

Bridge looks fantastic. Why the car seam sealer? Is it particularly good at sticking things down?

Hmm, I reckon there is nothing in the box, its just something for the dog to climb in and out of!

Or maybe its another Hamster cage....

Oh and I see you've been getting things from Italy to! "Fragile" seems to be a popular pitstop for parcels...

Edited by vjoneslong

I remember a certain person..Idris! who got a similar parcel and kept us waiting in suspense  :laugh: Is'nt payback a b*$ch :drag:  :biggrin_mini2: The car seam sealer adhesive is the best stuff i've ever used for outdoor work, it'll stick anything to anything as long as you get the right stuff which says adhesive and not just seam sealer...like i did the other week :angry:  :no:

• RMweb Gold

I remember a certain person..Idris! who got a similar parcel and kept us waiting in suspense  :laugh: Is'nt payback a b*$ch :drag:  :biggrin_mini2: The car seam sealer adhesive is the best stuff i've ever used for outdoor work, it'll stick anything to anything as long as you get the right stuff which says adhesive and not just seam sealer...like i did the other week :angry:  :no:

You swine! Definitely a box with a dog in it!  :triniti:  :butcher:

I will have a look out for that then!