MGR Hooper!

Heljan announces the development of a Class 50

15 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Nice touch maybe.... but ive never seen it on the real thing, im unsure why its even there.

It is there Steve just not picked out in white.

15 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I think they look good, I do hope they realise the yellow panel on the revised NSE where it wraps around the sides is all wrong.

Blimey I hadn't noticed that! They seem to have put a curve on the sides rather than the triangle, and the 'bonnet' top is all wrong too the yellow goes up under the handrails.

On 17/06/2019 at 11:14, Temeraire said:

It is there Steve just not picked out in white.

Blimey I hadn't noticed that! They seem to have put a curve on the sides rather than the triangle, and the 'bonnet' top is all wrong too the yellow goes up under the handrails.

They do know, I have spoken with Ben about it.

cheers

Shane

Looking at the Antics on line website they've recently revised their warehouse delivery date for the 50's from Sept. 2nd to Dec.31st   :( Hattons still advertising an Aug to Sept delivery though.

All quiet on the O gauge class 50 front, would anyone know how things are progressing and what if anything we might see on display at Warley?

18 minutes ago, GEARJAMMER said:

All quiet on the O gauge class 50 front, would anyone know how things are progressing and what if anything we might see on display at Warley?

see down the page, they had some on display at MIOG.

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

see down the page, they had some on display at MIOG.

Oh dear…… I like 50s..... and was very tempted..... then I seen the class 33s..... hmmmmm. lol

8 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Oh dear…… I like 50s..... and was very tempted..... then I seen the class 33s..... hmmmmm. lol

well, I am having a 50, just for my 33’s to tow around. 

having looked at them at the show, my wallet will be empty for months to come with the 50 and 33’s

I think the 50s are meant to be at sea at present to arrive in December. It is, of course, a notoriously long paddle from those shores.

Incidentally good to see my efforts in doing the original 33 silencer weren't completely wasted as they haven't tooled that!

Tower website says the 50s are at sea and due to dock on 17th Dec, which is extremely tight to clear customs and deliver pre xmas.

13 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Tower website says the 50s are at sea and due to dock on 17th Dec, which is extremely tight to clear customs and deliver pre xmas.

Bare in mind that is when they hope that they dock in Rotterdam and not the UK. Weather permitting etc.

I would not be placing any money on when they will arrive in the UK at shops before being sent to customers.

It would be nice if they did arrive before but don’t be disappointed if they don’t.

• Agree 1

Good job brexit hasn’t happened yet we would be stuffed getting them this side of Xmas. Sorry not a political statement.

Tower models are saying the class 50s should be with Heljan on 12th Dec and in the UK around 18th Dec.

Paul