More 3D - adding something new every week

Another off my to-do list!

This was only done because someone asked, and it gave me a chance to tidy up my design logic for locos. Means next loco will be slightly easier to do.

Mainly want to do small industrial type ones as these are small enough for Gauge 1. .

• Like 1

the W is now live. If any changes need to be made, they can be done, but i don't ike to have too many designs waiting to go live.

working on some more Colonel stephens odd balls, starting with the SMR Severn 0-4-2 tank loco. Doing the cab will mean I will do more industrial type locos with similar cabs.

• Like 1

And now I thought I would have a go at a loco, having worked out how to do some of the detail better. Still a basic loco body, but a loco requested, primarily for N gauge, but my design, as for others starts out bigger.

sr-w-class-loco-1a.jpg

This looks good, similar to one of the broad gauge Indian Railways locos. Might pick one up if there's not too much to do in terms of modification.

Great package has arrived from shapeways.

post-23520-0-20988600-1524529091_thumb.jpg

It is going to be fun getting these up and running.

The GCR rail car is looking really fine. The roof detail really sets it off nicely.

Thanks for the effort put in to these.

Forward to other GCR stock..........?

Happy customer here.

Richard

• Like 6

thanks for showng photos. Finish is not as bad as some make out. The buffers will need stengthening with a drop of super glue. They can be fragile. Then a bit of smoothing down, before any paint, as liquid will harden the surface and make it even more difficult to smooth down.

Simon, I notice the GNR railcar...

Have you done the very similar, one was possibly the same, LBSCR ones?

have not done the GNR one yet. I have drawings. Also now I have the LSWR coach books, I have drawings for the joint railway ones.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

have not done the GNR one yet. I have drawings. Also now I have the LSWR coach books, I have drawings for the joint railway ones.

That's intriguing, are these the Kerr ones ? we've been unable to find any drawings for them.

What is the source ?

That's intriguing, are these the Kerr ones ? we've been unable to find any drawings for them.

What is the source ?

I am refrring to the steam railmotor, I think you are referring to the petrol one.

Just had a look in book, and the Kerr ones were petrol. Surprised their drawings are not held somewhere, otherwise Enf=gineer magazine often had drawings of new/experimental railcars.

Edited by rue_d_etropal

Having a (short) break from Colonel Stephens, and just done a GCR 15t 6 wheel brake van, which someone requested. Luckily there was a drawing, and it was not difficult, being just a simple box.

And I want one........or two......or three.

Heck ultimately need about six.

Richard.

That is probably what I would do. Better gear ratio as well. I would build a complete chassis which worked, then it would simply fit unde the body. That is how I have designed most of my models.

Also  remember, not everyone models in 4mm/ft!  Finding a driving whel that big in Gauge 1, which does not cost too much. N gauge would be challenging.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Back to something a bit more complex(certainly to motorize!)

The LSWR Dummond Bug.

Now available

might be tempted in 2mm although the lack of a drawing of the original puts me off  a 16mm wheel base is almost of the shelf

Nick

Got a mention in Paul Lunn's article in latest Model Rail magazine, with respect to the ex LNWR EMUs used on Morecambe line. I produced my design whenPaul contacted me about the EMUs .

Also article by Terry Tew in Railway Modeller, including photos of the Oelikon EMU he built using my 3D print. Shows what can be done. Also makes an interesting comparison with his other stock created by cut'n'shunt and overlays.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My LYR EMU was in the Oct 17 EMGS Newsletter, called a "ghost train" as it was received 2 weeks before the meeting at my layout and was in white as received and plonked on the chassis of a class 504.  The LYRS were interested in an article about it, but I think they have a different view of the timescale than I have; it is in grey now, with work on the underframe to commence.

• RMweb Gold

Got a mention in Paul Lunn's article in latest Model Rail magazine, with respect to the ex LNWR EMUs used on Morecambe line. I produced my design whenPaul contacted me about the EMUs .

Also article by Terry Tew in Railway Modeller, including photos of the Oelikon EMU he built using my 3D print. Shows what can be done. Also makes an interesting comparison with his other stock created by cut'n'shunt and overlays.

So that's another issue of RM to buy! This is becoming a habit.