Psiborg

On 13/02/2018 at 19:20, Scooby71 said:

Simon,

You will be pleased to know that Snowball has been found, and is still ok after a night in the hoover bag. :imsohappy:

Cheers Shaun, does she look weathered now though?  🤣

Simon

Edited by Psiborg

• 2 months later...

What a superb layout with loads of detail. Ive enjoyed reading from the start and seeing your progress!

Following from now on!

Cheers

Trev :)

Thanks Trev, glad you like it.

I've, hopefully, got some news to tell in a future update!  Watch this space!

Simon

I've just been reading through your layout thread again. Great work and inspirational!

Got me thinking it's about time I built another small WRD layout. It's been 3 years since Tees Yard WRD.

• Like 1

I've just been reading through your layout thread again. Great work and inspirational!

Got me thinking it's about time I built another small WRD layout. It's been 3 years since Tees Yard WRD.

You deffo need to do another WRD, Tees Yard was awesome!

Simon

LEGS

After a few exhibition appearances, I realized that using trestles to sit the layout on isn't ideal! 

The layout is only 15.5 inches wide and the trestles are nearer 2 feet wide meaning they stick out of the front slightly and encroach upon the operating area.  I have spent most of today building legs for the layout (with the help of Shaun) and just need to fit some bracing pieces

Not using trestles will mean the legs are flush with the baseboards and if a curtain is fitted it will look a lot smarter.  No photos yet, but hopefully will take some when the legs are completed.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 3

NEWS

Yesterday Andy York visited us to photograph some of our layouts for appearances in BRM.  He photographed my layouts "Jubilee Road" and "Annesley Woodhouse", Shaun's "Ripley" and our group (M.R.P.G) project "Depot Lane"

It was a very enjoyable day and if the sample images we have already received are anything to go by, the photos will be amazing!

Thanks to Shaun for letting us turn his house into an exhibition hall for the day :declare:

Cheers

Simon

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Layout looks great.

Seen it twice now and a joy to watch and look at the details.

Also thank you for letting our little lad do the 66 horn at the Woodthorpe show at the weekend, really made it for him and something so simple.

Layout looks great.

Seen it twice now and a joy to watch and look at the details.

Also thank you for letting our little lad do the 66 horn at the Woodthorpe show at the weekend, really made it for him and something so simple.

Thanks for the praise.  I'm glad he enjoyed it and it put a smile on his face.

Simon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Jubilee Road Wagon Works has now been dismantled and parts of it recycled to be used on further layouts.  Many of the points are now in use on my latest Buxton Station and TMD layout.

Thanks for following this layout

Simon

Photos Reloaded

I've just finished reloading most of the missing photos from the thread

Here are a couple of AYs pics from BRM

LEAD.jpg.9eb8d36d22e14222a52506ef70277623.jpg

9.jpg.62badcf5f5085b5010c58142e7e573d1.jpg

I thought I'd also show this previously unseen photo of the fiddleyard

386352907_017-fiddleyard.jpg.d352fc2150a9a61a8302ba1d77a3fab2.jpg

Thanks for the interest over the years

Simon

• Like 6