Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

Morning all, apologies for the lack of updates, I have been working on some kits and also fixing some problems with the layout. 

Let’s start off with the bad first, as this is my first layout a lot of trial and error has taken place. I had considerable height differences in some areas of the fiddle yard, due to myself and my Dad not being chippies. This section was built near on 10 years ago and it has now been corrected, a considerable hump in the fiddle yard south entrance is now a nice smooth(ish) run. On the other side of the new section, that my so called qualified chippy mate, had helped me with was completely bowed, bucked, bent, f**ked, what ever word you want use, I’m opting for the latter, has now been fixed. Issues were I got told I would not need legs, the complete timber wouldn’t bow, well it did and on further investigation he has put a timber in twisted and not level with the other board and it’s caused one side to rise.....after many head buts and tantrums and me screaming “I’m about to burn the f*cking thing down” its fixed.....

B9378CFE-C86E-4C63-BB63-6AC439F0403E.jpeg.305ea02eeef807442a7bfa6081f034df.jpeg

It now has 4 new legs underneath the board and is all level and the trains now glide through. My good friend Dylan helped me dinabolt the legs in and helped, (practically done it himself cause I’m useless), build a new desk, which I need to put everything back on, I’ll post a photo later. 

Now onto the modelling front, I’ve finished the GNR CCT van, it’s awaiting lettering, the bogies arrived for the ECJS luggage brake, I’ve completed a Wizards LMS silk wagon and also a David Geen LMS Fish Van. The rain has just arrived, we are expected up to 400mm of rail from now, (Friday) to next Wednesday, much needed and perfect for some modelling. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks.

Now that you have it nice and level, the 'Rain' arrives and warps it all again. 

manna, 'Full time Bubble burster'

It’s all Barry’s fault, he brought it all with him from the UK 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

Morning all, apologies for the lack of updates, I have been working on some kits and also fixing some problems with the layout. 

Let’s start off with the bad first, as this is my first layout a lot of trial and error has taken place. I had considerable height differences in some areas of the fiddle yard, due to myself and my Dad not being chippies. This section was built near on 10 years ago and it has now been corrected, a considerable hump in the fiddle yard south entrance is now a nice smooth(ish) run. On the other side of the new section, that my so called qualified chippy mate, had helped me with was completely bowed, bucked, bent, f**ked, what ever word you want use, I’m opting for the latter, has now been fixed. Issues were I got told I would not need legs, the complete timber wouldn’t bow, well it did and on further investigation he has put a timber in twisted and not level with the other board and it’s caused one side to rise.....after many head buts and tantrums and me screaming “I’m about to burn the f*cking thing down” its fixed.....

All of those seem to repair most things.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

It only really chuckeditdarn in Sydney after I left. It rained in Brisbane and Perth after we had left. It rained in NZ before we arrived so it must be someone wlse..

Baz

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, Barry O said:

It only really chuckeditdarn in Sydney after I left. It rained in Brisbane and Perth after we had left. It rained in NZ before we arrived so it must be someone wlse..

Baz

When are you back at Johns again? 

• Like 1

Aftermath of the rain, train room was half underwater, I’ve ripped out all the carpet and now it’s time for hands and knees with a towel and a mop.

Then it’s putting new gutters and down pipes that the wind ripped off 

• Friendly/supportive 2