LNER Gresley Teak Coaches in O Gauge from Hatton's

Hattons Dave

40 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I ordered a corridor third in teak livery purely for displaying.  It arrived today and it really looks good.  I'm pleased with it.

However both running boards were damaged, one partially fallen off and the other completely, along with one bogie board.  Looks like a simple repair though.

Loose running boards is a common fault with these.  Repair is not difficult, just annoying.

John

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Hi John

My coach is in teak livery with LNER lettering. Would you have anything that would look right even if not 100% correct?

20231021_114037.jpg.fb81190e7f9b6bb5b1382c2f604501f2.jpg

Colin,

I regret not - the LNER shaded numbers were very distinctive.

I would be surprised, though, if Railtec or Precision Labels are unable to help.

John.

18 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I have just realised that my teak 3rd is un numbered.  Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get suitable transfers. Perhaps @cctransuk has them in their catalogue.

Their presence or absence depends on the period that you are modelling; from July 1940 the LNER no longer applied the '3' transfers, as a further economy and since it could be assumed that any accommodation not labelled '1' must be third class. Second class had been abolished in the London area from 1938 and coaching stock so designated in the boat trains was either withdrawn from service or reclassified. From 1940 and under the blackout first class was designated by a large figure 1 in the windows, and this practice lasted almost until Nationalisation.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Colin,

I regret not - the LNER shaded numbers were very distinctive.

I would be surprised, though, if Railtec or Precision Labels are unable to help.

John.

I think Fox do the best transfers for pre nationalisation coaches. Not cheap though!

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone

I am desperately looking for the following model in O gauge :

Hattons H7-TC175-001 or 002
Coach Gresley Teck Diagram 175 Brake Corridor Composite

https://www.hattons.co.uk/219419/hattons_originals_h7_tc175_002_gresley_teak_coach_diagram_175_brake_corridor_composite_24068_in_lner_teak_liver/stockdetail

if anyone has any spare?
many thanks

H7-TC175-002_202106091508_3252044_Qty1_1.jpg

Edited by Phil02
picture