Spennymoor Model Railway Show 2017 - DJ Models announcement made this weekend!

DLPG

Okay, just out of curiosity did any of these run on NCB metals at any point?

Lynemouth was a loading point for these in CEGB traffic to Cambois and also shipment to West Blyth and Bates which was NCB track to Woodhorn! Bates had a habit of keeping these for internal use and only returning the XX.

The line from Ashington to Butterwell was also NCB but was worked by BR.

There was also workings internally between Burradon and Backworth when the NCB was cheating and having the wagons delivered empty to Killingworth and being loaded at Eccles.

Mark Saunders

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to everyone who supported our show again this year. Vital restoration funds raised and looking forward to next year already. Hope you like the DJ Models announcement. I will be ordering some.

Well, actually we still don't know what the DJ Models announcement was/is. On the 'ask Dave' section of the DJ Models thread on RMweb he says "wait till Wednesday/Thursday". So far, on this thread we've been pointed to some Flickr photos of locomotives hauling some kind of hopper wagon, but that's all. So I'm a bit bemused and uncertain as to what has apparently been announced at Spennymoor .......

John Storey

Alas I cant make it. Was really looking forwards to being there, but family have decided otherwise. 

Some good layouts, characters and trade there! Gutted really... 

Managed to make it there after all... Really good show. Lots to see. Kieper Colliery was a stunning layout, as was Ravensworth and Coniston.

Interesting chat with DJ Models, who then announced the 24.5 steel mineral wagon for crowd funding. Hopefully, a lot of what was discussed will develop over the coming months.

But a good show and recommended for others this time next year.

• Like 2

Interesting news regarding the 24.5 ton hopper model. I was informed last week that the one at Tanfield was measured up by a different manufacturer and is at CAD stage. Looks like duplication will strike again...

It already has.

The manufacturer might just have been macgeordie and he was well ahead of the pack. (I'm not counting the K's version of the one off prototype).

Don't get carried away now. :smile_mini:

• RMweb Gold

It already has.

The manufacturer might just have been macgeordie and he was well ahead of the pack. (I'm not counting the K's version of the one off prototype).

Don't get carried away now. :smile_mini:

It appears so! However I can confirm that it is not the above manufacturer and it is to be a OO model. Oh well!

It appears so! However I can confirm that it is not the above manufacturer and it is to be a OO model. Oh well!

Triplicate! Like buses.

If any of the plastic jobbies appear let's hope they decide to do different diagrams.

P