micro change of mind

kevo

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Kevo splendid work on your layout the Hornby flatbed wagon I would say is perfect size and should look even better after some weathering. The stock pile of sleepers and rails I really do like along with the brake van body for storage. Keep up the good work Kevo.:)

• RMweb Premium

...or as a Foster Yeoman/Hanson Industries one, see this thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/32351-mendip-industrials/&do=findComment&comment=340674

If I remember correctly, the CSX model is an SW1500, where the Foster Yeoman one is an SW1001, but the differences are largely internal, the bodywork is very similar.

Moxy

Somewhere in the US of A ... This could be a multi-location layout: England and New England.

The pictures with the CSX switcher do not jump out at me as being incongruous ... maybe the (current) lack of signage on the layout is helping this.

It would probably not withstand rivet-counting or rail profile inspection but the first impression is, at least to me, believable.

Best Regards,

Christian

hi all thanks for the coments on CSX MP15 loco . it was a on the spur buy and i got a few freight cars as well for another pipe line project . after place ing it on the layout just to see what it would look like i to didnt think it looked to out of place  ,that photo of the foster yeoman sw1001 is realy good thanx moxy . hi mick layout is 92 cm long by37 wide . scenic area is 49 cm long

post-26535-0-93495600-1519497516_thumb.jpgjust had a flick through my pics and i only have some early photos . so ile send in some up to date traverser  ones  but the batterys have gone flat on my camera and i doint have a smart phone so ple sort that in the morning  .post-26535-0-77362700-1519497584_thumb.jpgpost-26535-0-24163500-1519497674_thumb.jpg hope they give you a rough idear  . it has 3 tracks and slides on small draw runners

• Like 2

no problem glad there of use . has it got you think ing of building some think around same size luke ?

It has. I'm currently saving up my pennies to start a new proper layout in the summer which will replace my main current layout Ravendale. I'm currently looking through loads of rmweb threads and pictures online to gather inspiration and info and your layout has really stood out. It was curious to see how you had done your fiddle yard as I would like my future layout to be able to go to exhibitions.

Guest Bishoptrains

Hello kevo I have managed to catch up on your layout and the progress you have made. The attention to detail is spot on along with the ballasting and rusting of the spare rails and disused sleeper. I also like your choice of locos and wagons. Keep up the great work.

no problem  the top board has the draw runner fixed in place 1st and then  then this is placed on the frame cross member  support  battens the traverser is then pushed to one side which uncovers  the screw hole on the bottom runner  pushed back to the other side so you can then fix in the other screw . it took me a bit of head scratch ing  but it works  well  . hope that all explaines  how I did it

Good pics Kevo, always nice to see behind the scenes. One question, will you put a sop block at the end of the traverser, I got a bit nervous seeing your loco parked right at the end of the track! 

Steve.

yes your right steve  i really need to address  that soon i keep look ing at it and done nothing  in fact that sentinel i have when it was have ing a funny moment regards the dcc decoder it suddenly shot of the end lucky I caught it .  Thanks kev  for your comments on my wood working skills  but I doint  have any I could cut  the same bit of wood 3 times and it would never be right . all my wooden batterns  are cut with one of those miter saws think there called that .

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all . been some time since i last did a post . well this is partly as my old cement layout nearly got sold . but this have ing not  happened  i decided to give it a bit of a revamp . and its changed back to UK  again . as i had been  running   american locos and stock . any way i did have a bit a of a gap to fill by the pump house  , so i brought a Bachmann  silo and re jigged it by lower ing and a bit of cladding  added it needs a touch of weather ing to blend in a bit post-26535-0-75817400-1541274907_thumb.jpgpost-26535-0-79474900-1541274957.jpgpost-26535-0-11271500-1541274995.jpg

• Like 4