BONNYBRIDGE MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2018

Craig Watson

• RMweb Premium

The Scottish Diesel and Electric Group and Bonnybridge Model Railway Club are pleased to announce the 2018 Bonnybridge Model Railway Exhibition.

14 layouts from our own members, around Scotland and just a wee bit beyond!, full trade support, demonstrations and displays and full cafe facilities.

Saturday April 28th 10:00-17:00

Sunday April 29th 10:00-16:00

Bonnybridge Community Education Centre

Bridge Street
Bonnybridge
FK4 1AA

£5 Adult

£2.50 Child

£12 Family (2&2)

Layouts

Allanbridge - Bonnybridge MRC

Dalnottar Riverside - Graeme Moyes

Fife Cement - East Neuk MRC

Glenfinnan - Bill Wood

Hewisbridge - 57 Study Group

Kinlochewe - James Reid

Laurencekirk - Perth MRC

Lostcarne Junction - Pentland MRG

Micro Cement - Andy Strathie

North Road LMD - Bruce Duncan

Perceton - Ayr MRG

Rowntrees Sidings - Blyth & Tyne MRG

Tamshooglie - Falkirk MRC

West Pickering - Craig Watson

Demonstrations & Displays

Roland Turner

Tom Rintoul modelling display

Trade Support

Douglas Blades

Durham Trains of Stanley

The Junction Box

McLaren Models

North Road Trains

Scottish Garden Railways

Hopefully we'll see you there!

Craig

Edited by Craig Watson

Looking forward to the 'rebirth' already! Always a great vibe at this show and we are delighted to be involved going forwards

Absolutely, always enjoyed the previous incarnation of Bonny bridge and was delighted to here about its comeback.

Most importantly will the bacon rolls be available again?

• Like 2

Absolutely, always enjoyed the previous incarnation of Bonny bridge and was delighted to here about its comeback.

Most importantly will the bacon rolls be available again?

Hopefully the same catering provider as before so yes the bacon rolls will be availible.

Bruce

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We are getting close to being ready (ish) for the rebirth of the Bonnybridge Show 28th and 29th April Bonnybridge Community Hall FK41AA and are delighted as Scottish Diesel and Electric Group to be sharing the show and bringing 5 layouts to the show ourselves. Here are some images of the lovely and noisy O gauge Dalnottar Riverside owned by Graeme Moyes which will bring a degree of racket to the proceedings..... many new delights should be on show on the layout. New wagons, new locos and some superb sound fits and new sound files.

post-657-0-77333800-1521790075.jpg

post-657-0-43239100-1521790084_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-63935000-1521790092_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-61557800-1521790102_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-49395800-1521790119.jpg

• Like 4

For those of you who have been before and sampled the catering I can now confirm that it will be the same caterer doing the catering, For those of you who haven't been before all I can say is you don't know what you are missing.

Bruce

Show manager

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Come along and have a shot of the raffle and you could be going home with one of the below!

Bachmann AMRSS limited edition Scotrail class 47, 47708 "Waverley", the below pic is my own model, the raffle prize is an unopened one complete with certificate.

post-291-0-12273000-1523048757_thumb.png

Hornby Tornado Pullman Express Train Set.

post-291-0-58739600-1523048821_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

A welcome return to this popular show, and as ever some stunning layouts including my own ' Glenfinnan ' This is a Joint effort by Bonnybridge Club and Scottish Diesel + Electric Group which promises to bring the best there is in Railway Modelling including the clubs own ' Allanbridge ' layout.

Get yourself along to the show which promises to be a great weekend. Photo's by Nigel Birkin.

Bill.

post-3775-0-70884600-1523524665_thumb.jpg

post-3775-0-37315500-1523524725_thumb.jpg

post-3775-0-54836500-1523524765_thumb.jpg

post-3775-0-16301100-1523524801_thumb.jpg

post-3775-0-92543500-1523524838_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Final plans are now forming, barriers tables and all the dull but necessary stuff, then the fun will begin, we have 14 layouts spread over 3 halls with trade and other stalls dotted around them. Excellent catering available all day both days too. Come along and bring the family! 28th 29th April at BONNYBRIDGE COMMUNITY CENTRE FK4 1AA

post-657-0-02431000-1524030945.jpg

• Like 2

Not long to wait now....... After a few years' haitus as we grappled with local government rules and the like, Bonnybridge Model Railway show is back! This coming weekend and now co-hosted by Bonnybridge MRC and The Scottish Diesel and Electric Group we open at 10am on Saturday and finish at 4pm Sunday afternoon. Legendary catering by Gail is back too! There are 3 halls and a balcony with Allanbridge 'at home' up the stairs. Some perennial favourites like Hewisbridge, Fife Cement and Roundtrees Sidings to gaze at and some new layouts on show from club members and visiting clubs alike. Plenty of traders too.  Please come along and bring your mates too. Promises to be a great show. See you there at Bonnybridge Community Centre (the same venue it always was) postcode is FK41AA

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

The team took advantage of some spare time in the hall last night to mark out the floor plan, the first layout has also been transferred to the clubrooms ready for set up on Friday, I took advantage of an earlyshift to get West Pickering moved last night!

I've also made a small amendment to the original post due to some late changes.

It's all go for the weekend now and we're all looking forward to it, hopefully we'll see you there!

Craig

• RMweb Premium

Bringing my grandkids on Saturday. hoping for a Thomas layout to keep them happy :yes:

You're in luck, Falkirk MRC's "Tamshooglie" is at the show, Thomas, Harry Potter, Underground Ernie, it has it all, and very nicely modelled too, I'm sure they'll love it!!

http://www.falkirkmrc.co.uk/layouts/tamshooglie-oo-gauge

Edited by Craig Watson

Guest teacupteacup

All set up ready for the shower only 1 layout to go.

I know Bonnybridge is known for some strange events, but upside down layouts????  Going to need a lot of magnahesion!

Looking forward to the show when I visit tomorrow.