MM1 models

A little more information about MMI from the G0G forum where a member actually phoned and and spoke to Laurie Lynch:

"According to Laurie the intention is to release a small proportion of the Just Like the real things kits, but not all, as and when he gets up to speed with the tooling.
So if you have an interest in a particular ex Just Like The Real Thing kit, now would be a good time to express an interest to MM1 via their messaging system.

I asked Laurie if PW was still involved and he categorically said NO without any hesitation and I am inclined to believe that, by his reaction alone.

He further voluntarily stated that the demise of Just like the real thing Ltd happened almost overnight and that a padlock was placed on the premises without any prior warning. What the events were leading up to this is anybodies guess, but one can only surmise that Laurie, who in his own words is the sole owner of MM1, knew this was coming."

Make of it what you will.  I still doubt that I will be making any more purchases from them.

Ray.

• RMweb Premium

Very interesting considering that JLTRT owe me £455.00 for a kit that was never supplied.

I would have liked to think that if any there were any warnings about JLTRT closing, they would have/could have refunded

my money before the end came.

I was in fairly regular contact with Laurie Lynch about progress with the Class 47 kits, and in particular, the 47/8 which I 

wanted.  At no time, did Laurie suggest, or hint, that the company was going to fold.

Laurie did keep saying that there was a problem with the 47/8 variant, which was a cut out in the cab ends, or a cut out in

the buffer beams...........  I remember thinking that a cut-out shouldn't present a problem to an experienced model maker/supplier.

IN RETROSPECT, maybe I should have "smelled a rat".

Regards

I would have thought the machines (unless they were leased) moulds and even the intellectual rights would have been in the hands of the liquidators as assets of the old company.  I think there is a lot we don't know.

Ray.

I guess we don’t know what the arrangements were within JLTRT and who msyfave owned the tools and IP.

It’s possible that LL was a contractor to JLTRT so they are his with only the actual kits of parts, once produced being bought by JLTRT

A bit like the Mainline tools which were then used by others after the demise of Mainline as the tool was owned by Kader.

• 1 month later...

It would be a nice gesture to sort the loco kits out for the few people who had paid money and received nothing, I know the two businesses are different but it would also build people’s confidence to order. Good luck to Laurie anyway.

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

Instead of all the conjecture about what might or might not be happening, wouldn't it be helpful if the person(s) actually 

involved in a discussion topic, were to make a statement of the facts ?

This would stop matters getting out of control, like they did with the JLTRT thread, which eventually was locked down because

statements were being made which could get people into legal problems.

I'm not "anti" discussion, exactly the opposite, and it is interesting to see what people think about different topics ; that's why

I am a member of RmWeb.

It just seems that things get analised "to death", based on no facts or few facts.

I have a vested interest in what happens, post JLTRT, and where people are and what they are doing, as JLTRT owe me £455.

Regards

Keith

I have a vested interest in what happens, post JLTRT, and where people are and what they are doing, as JLTRT owe me £455.

I can't remember from other threads,  but have you registered your claim with the liquidator and has he/she responded with any indication of whether your claim would be settled in full or otherwise.  That should now be the only way that you will see your money repaid as an unsecured creditor if there are sufficient funds to do so.

I speak with experience of being an unsecured creditor with several businesses which went into receivership or liquidation.

Jim.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jim.

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have registered with the liquidators, I am an unsecured creditor, and have been advised

that I am unlikely to receive a substantial refund.

I have contacted PW as a requirement of the "Money Reclaim" procedure ; Small Claims Court as it used to be called.

Two or three weeks and I haven't heard from PW, and I can prove my letters were received.

As per my original post, I just think that it is a shame that, for whatever reason, these people, ( i.e. Laurie , PW etc.)

don't contribute to the posts made on social media, if for no other reason, than to try to stop the "tit for tat" discussions

which inevitably get out of control, with one contributor trying to out-do the others.

By giving a contribution they could also try to save their reputation, if that should be called into question, but, it would seem,

they don't care.

Regards

Keith

Hi Jim.

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have registered with the liquidators, I am an unsecured creditor, and have been advised

that I am unlikely to receive a substantial refund.

I have contacted PW as a requirement of the "Money Reclaim" procedure ; Small Claims Court as it used to be called.

Two or three weeks and I haven't heard from PW, and I can prove my letters were received.

As per my original post, I just think that it is a shame that, for whatever reason, these people, ( i.e. Laurie , PW etc.)

don't contribute to the posts made on social media, if for no other reason, than to try to stop the "tit for tat" discussions

which inevitably get out of control, with one contributor trying to out-do the others.

By giving a contribution they could also try to save their reputation, if that should be called into question, but, it would seem,

they don't care.

Keith,

These proceedings can take some time.   One receivership took over four years to pay me something and by that time I had retired and closed down the company and I couldn't receive the money.  The cost of re-opening my company to get the money would have been about the same as the amount I would have got. :-)    Another receivership is still ongoing and that will have been about eight years.   It's got a touch of the Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.  :-)   But I would have expected JLTRT to be a compartively quick operation since there would probably not be too many creditors and debtors to account for.

I'm not going to comment further until the liquidation is completed and the full facts are known.

Jim.

Edited by flubrush

• RMweb Premium

These things are always difficult. I do think that it reduce the speculation if the parties involved offered full disclosure, but I don't think it'd kill it as there will usually be somebody that thinks there is more which is being hidden no matter how open and honest you are. And there may be legal reasons why people cannot tell the world everything. And I guess ultimately they're not obligated to, even if it might help to re-establish MM1 if there was a clearing of the air.

• 1 month later...