Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Instead of cutting off end see earlier posts regarding carefully drilling out axle box aperture to 3mm.

have done this with all my locos and no issues at all since.

Thanks John forgot about this will take a look back before making decision.

On 11/05/2020 at 07:38, Markwj said:

Thanks John forgot about this will take a look back before making decision.

Thats what I have done to my axle boxes, had the wobble made the hole slightly larger and elongated. Now all wheels sit squarely on the track, no wobble, no end caps coming off runs sweet

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

So, and please forgive me if I’ve lost the plot or I’m stating the bleeding obvious, does this mean that the wobble and the popping axle boxes are symptoms of the same problem? And that problem is better solved with a drill bit than CA?

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, truffy said:

So, and please forgive me if I’ve lost the plot or I’m stating the bleeding obvious, does this mean that the wobble and the popping axle boxes are symptoms of the same problem? And that problem is better solved with a drill bit than CA?

That's my understanding (though some have mentioned other sources of "wobbles" as well). Axle boxes that are not dead in line/parallel/concentric with the axles can act on the bogie frames and either a) lift them to cause the wobble or b) be broken off depending on how well they've been glued to the axles.  Enlarging the holes allows slightly greater allowance for being mounted off-centre.  But you still need CA or other adhesive to re-attach the axle boxes to the axles if you want them to rotate and not fall out...   

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't suppose anyone has an insight into the delivery dates for the next batch of these do they?  I'm keen to see the Pink One livery on my layout & the project page is not very forthcoming.

2 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

I don't suppose anyone has an insight into the delivery dates for the next batch of these do they?  I'm keen to see the Pink One livery on my layout & the project page is not very forthcoming.

No updates on the batch. Just a case of wait and see.

Hattons are normally very good at posting on their Facebook then new items come into stock and a slight delay for dave to post on here. But so many people follow their Facebook page that it normally gets here quickly after announcement. 

7 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

I asked them the question on Facebook the other day when they were talking 66s but didn't get a reply

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

Hi Mooresby,

We haven't got a date set in stone at the moment, but we're working on getting them here as soon as possible. We don't expect this confirmation to take too much longer and as soon as we know we'll update everyone via email, our newsletter, social media and of course here on RMweb as well.

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi Mooresby,

We haven't got a date set in stone at the moment, but we're working on getting them here as soon as possible. We don't expect this confirmation to take too much longer and as soon as we know we'll update everyone via email, our newsletter, social media and of course here on RMweb as well.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the update Dave - greatly appreciated :)

2 minutes ago, classy52 said:

This talk of the next batch do you mean a new set of Class 66's in different liveries, a re-run of the current lot or basically the ones that have been pre-ordered but not delivered yet in the current liveries???

The 6 undelivered types

3 minutes ago, classy52 said:

This talk of the next batch do you mean a new set of Class 66's in different liveries, a re-run of the current lot or basically the ones that have been pre-ordered but not delivered yet in the current liveries???

Think it's the latter....

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hi Classy52,

Sorry for the confusion. I was referred to the six models that are yet to be delivered - H4-66-032 to H4-66-037 (and digital/sound variations of these).

All of the models coded H4-66-001 to H4-66-031 have now been delivered in full.

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hattons Dave said:

Hi Classy52,

Sorry for the confusion. I was referred to the six models that are yet to be delivered - H4-66-032 to H4-66-037 (and digital/sound variations of these).

All of the models coded H4-66-001 to H4-66-031 have now been delivered in full.

Cheers

Dave

No worries, thanks Dave.

7 hours ago, YesTor said:

Did anyone attempt the lights mod on any of the 'bug-eyed' versions?

Al

I saw on FB somebody mention they had the other day. But not sure if it was the guy who did it and posted it on here

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

As promised, heres a delivery update for the remaining Class 66's, H4-66-032 to H4-66-037.

All of these are planned to be released on Monday 29th June. This includes Digital ready, fitted and sound variations.

We've still got versions of all six models available to pre-order, along with the first 31 releases which can be ordered and dispatched right now. Check out the link below for more details.

Order your Hattons Originals Class 66 Here

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 13/05/2020 at 15:59, Mooresby said:

Hattons have just said on FB late next month for the next batch

Edit: Dave beat me to it by seconds!

FB_IMG_1589548228608.jpg

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, classy52 said:

Nothing in it for me :jester:

2 for me, ONE and Cemex.

Not sure where I am going to fit them mind you! I was tempted to bin the Cemex one off (I already have 4 GBRF 66s) but I like the livery too much. ONE is going to be my only FL 66 so I kinda "need" that one. Money and space no object I would be having the jaffa one too.

12 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

2 for me, ONE and Cemex.

Not sure where I am going to fit them mind you! I was tempted to bin the Cemex one off (I already have 4 GBRF 66s) but I like the livery too much. ONE is going to be my only FL 66 so I kinda "need" that one. Money and space no object I would be having the jaffa one too.

I was only joking, I know how a few on here on RMweb get irate when someone says that after an announcement...I'l stop poking the bear now :lol:

Edited by classy52
  • Funny 1

Jokes aside because I missed out on the DCC Sound versions on the ones I would have liked, i.e. DRS 66301, GBRf 66789/780 & Freightliner 66587, I'll probably get those DCC Ready and put sound in them (once my Accurascale fever has cooled down, no sign of it yet though) at a much later time but I'm sort of not willing to pay the extra £30 plus to retro-fit sound on an already expensive factory sound 66...or I'll just bite the bullet & wait for the next new livery batch and this time don't procrastinate but the documented issues did play a part in holding back too be honest and I think they still do.

Bit of a toss up atm on what to do?