Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

On 26/04/2020 at 10:59, big jim said:

I’d happily say what it’s called but I don’t know if it’s public knowledge yet so don’t want to get in trouble with work, when it is revealed no doubt there will be some ‘meh!’ reaction anyway but it’s a nice name in my opinion 

Anyway to keep on topic I’ve phoned GBRf maintainance and asked them to remove a couple of the axle boxes on it, and put some glue round the nameplates when fitted

(ok that’s unfair, as my hattons 66 arrived in perfect nick!) 

What do you do with a real one if not all the wheels are in contact with the track and it has a wobble ?

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

What do you do with a real one if not all the wheels are in contact with the track and it has a wobble ?

Send it back to GM/EMD/Progress Rail whatever they're called these days............?

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 7013 said:

I'm guessing it will not be named BOJO.

Jenny Harries would be appropriate though, she has been excellent throughout.

No its a subtle rename, they are removing axles from one set of bogies and adding a lot of axles to the other.. Bo-Jo....

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 26/04/2020 at 08:36, Sir TophamHatt said:

Sorry but I never see what the "I know something you don't" brings to any conversation.

Plus, I would have thought most people don't really care that much.

I would also suggest it belongs in a different thread.

Sorry for the neg. 

I would have thought anyone who is aware of, and been affected by Covid-19 would be interested to see something that acknowledges the work that people have done and the sacrifices made by those fighting this disease. It may not be a big deal to you but to those of us who have worked in the NHS and have friends risking their lives every day to help those unfortunate enough to have Coronavirus any token of appreciation (although not asked for) is appreciated. You clearly do not speak for the nation when you say "most people don't really care that much". Sorry its a bit of a rant but it needed to be said.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Guest Half-full
31 minutes ago, 7013 said:

I would have thought anyone who is aware of, and been affected by Covid-19 would be interested to see something that acknowledges the work that people have done and the sacrifices made by those fighting this disease. It may not be a big deal to you but to those of us who have worked in the NHS and have friends risking their lives every day to help those unfortunate enough to have Coronavirus any token of appreciation (although not asked for) is appreciated. You clearly do not speak for the nation when you say "most people don't really care that much". Sorry its a bit of a rant but it needed to be said.

Well said, not a rant, but a well put injection of reality

1 hour ago, 7013 said:

You've quite mis-read what I wrote.
What I said is nothing to do with the name or sentiment behind it - I'm very much in favour of that!

It's the whole "I know what it will be named, but can't say" aspect of what the OP said.  I thought "I know something you don't know" was left to the playground of another certain railway forum.

To be fair on you, my elocution isn't great but thought it would come across that was what bothered me, rather than supporting the NHS.  Read my post again with this in mind and it'll make much more sense.

Will welcome PMs on this if anyone wants to discuss further.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

In other news, Hattons haven't got back to me whether they'd be willing to swap the speaker / decoder to a different model.

Emails exchanged on the 20th of April but no response since then.  Follow up email sent on the 25th of April but still no response.

Perhaps a refund really is in order :(

Edited by Sir TophamHatt

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

In other news, Hattons haven't got back to me whether they'd be willing to swap the speaker / decoder to a different model.

Emails exchanged on the 20th of April but no response since then.  Follow up email sent on the 25th of April but still no response.

Perhaps a refund really is in order :( May as well move my other pre-orders... very much leaving a bad taste.  Shame really.

Hi SirTopham,

Sorry about this - I'm getting in touch with our Returns team to chase this for you and get you a reply ASAP.

If possible, can you re-send your email to info@hattons.co.uk marked for my attention?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi SirTopham,

Sorry about this - I'm getting in touch with our Returns team to chase this for you and get you a reply ASAP.

If possible, can you re-send your email to info@hattons.co.uk marked for my attention?

Cheers

Dave

Sure.
Don't worry too much about my post though.  Getting grouchy because:
1) Back at work today after a week off.
2) Raining.
3) New diet started today.

If any of us step out of line, shout us back.  I'd rather be told off and you still be here than me shouting my mouth off and you going away!

Cheers :D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

You've quite mis-read what I wrote.
What I said is nothing to do with the name or sentiment behind it - I'm very much in favour of that!

It's the whole "I know what it will be named, but can't say" aspect of what the OP said.  I thought "I know something you don't know" was left to the playground of another certain railway forum.

To be fair on you, my elocution isn't great but thought it would come across that was what bothered me, rather than supporting the NHS.  Read my post again with this in mind and it'll make much more sense.

Will welcome PMs on this if anyone wants to discuss further.

Hi Sir TophamHatt

Reading through your post again I can see how it may be read two ways. I do see now that your posting was aimed at the naming content, and agree that I mis-read it. My apologies for what must have seemed an over reaction but being close to people on the front line as it were I let emotions take over on the keyboard. I hope you accept my apologies and we can move on back to the topic.

Andrew

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, Dicky L said:

GBRf 66762 held at Chesborough North.  

I'm liking the way you step into the thread with a nice photo when the mood gets a lil' hostile...   :D

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, YesTor said:

I'm liking the way you step into the thread with a nice photo when the mood gets a lil' hostile...   :D

Looking at the points above, I think they could go either way....

:blink:

I know its really bad... I’ll get my coat...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Looking at the points above, I think they could go either way....

:blink:

I know its really bad... I’ll get my coat...

8 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Its got the driver in the dark trying to see the light.........

It could have been worse.. had there been a tunnel we’d be talking about light and trains...

• RMweb Premium
On 27/04/2020 at 10:14, big jim said:

It’s getting named on Thursday 

Pity it's not being named on May 12th.

:tease::secret_mini:

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Pity it's not being named on May 12th.

I cannot see how the day after my birthday is of any importance (other than I may be out on my bike!)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Whilst Cap'n Toms achievements are incredibly humbling in these times. It the NHS workers who are being honoured on 66731 not the fund raisers of which there are thousands. So, whilst I applaud Cap'n Tom I  would like a more appropriate name that honours those who are actually caring for the sick. 

I would be all for another loco being named after him, again with a donation to his chosen charity.

Someone on another site has said it has been named 'Captain Tom Moore a True British Inspiration'  If that is correct then what I have written above is not appropriate any longer

Edited by 7013
spelling/New info
  • Friendly/supportive 1