Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

In other news, and I don't know when it happened, the switch to diesel notice at Stowmarket has been changed to an accurate spelling of Bury. I guess if Stadler are going to be billed for everything that's gone wrong so far, you might as well bung in another piece of signage. At this rate Stadler might have to pay Abellio to take their trains!

C6T. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Basil 424 has failed at Beccles this am, 37800 on the way to rescue it.

Due to a broken down train at Beccles services are disrupted.
Currently the 05:42 Beccles to Harwich International is at a stand in the platform, a rescue loco is on route to Beccles
This is blocking the way for any other services.

• Informative/Useful 2

21 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Tivetshall

06 February 2020

37611, Pegasus, and 755404 on 5P52, 14:27, Ipswich H.S. - Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D (15:15) - unit failed

DAS849748.jpg.2322174acd3626cd0b81c2186208f75b.jpg

DAS849758.jpg.8e5849796f056988fd149516eec47dcc.jpg

Is that our infamous @russ pdriving Pegasus?? Looks in his element! ;)

I was on Colchester Workstation all night wednesday and didnt get a single chance to send the Thunderbird, was gutted. It's always entertaining when you get the chance to hear the SSM shout "Thunderbirds are go!"  :)

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned above ^ ^ another Basil drag today - 755424 had flat batteries at Beccles this am and 37800 taught it a lesson by dragging it back to Norwich.

Photos later (probably tomorrow)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beast66606 said:

As mentioned above ^ ^ another Basil drag today - 755424 had flat batteries at Beccles this am and 37800 taught it a lesson by dragging it back to Norwich.

Photos later (probably tomorrow)

Should have put Duracells in. Other high power batteries are available;)

• Funny 3

6 hours ago, Trainshed Terry said:

Some how this thread is going to run forever, unlike the Flirts.

Hat coat and heading for the exit.

Terry.

Here I was, thinking you would have said "this thread is going to run on, and on, and on, unlike the Flirts, which clearly don't use energizer batteries"

(Commercials over here use a bunny that goes "on and on and on" for them...)

James

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, peach james said:

Here I was, thinking you would have said "this thread is going to run on, and on, and on, unlike the Flirts, which clearly don't use energizer batteries"

(Commercials over here use a bunny that goes "on and on and on" for them...)

James

Maybe Duracell could sue GA as these things have a bunny on the side but go nowhere,  maybe it's got mixi!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Basil the Battery recovered from Beccles

07 February 2020

Great Moulton

37800, Cassiopeia, and 755424 on 5P04, 09:10, Beccles - Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D (10:55) - 755424 failed at Beccles with a flat battery

DAS849952.jpg.c32a4d70ba5f1a8f89203648904092b2.jpg

DAS849956.jpg.b3f9145be7efcfb394ffbc28da70e1a3.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

So this week has seen the final 156 and final 170 move from GA to their new operators. 

156417 has moved from GA to EMR and 170271 has moved from GA to TFW. 

I'm unsure if GA still have any 153s or if they have all already moved to TFW. 

But largely now, the GA services are in the hands of the basils. I understand 37611 rescued 755404 on the 6th February and 37800 rescued 755424 on the 7th February. I have to say it doesn't look good with at least two failures in the past couple of days alone, with potentially more that I may be unaware of, especially now that the GA fleet is solely relying upon the basils to run their services. 

I hope this info is of use. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

So this week has seen the final 156 and final 170 move from GA to their new operators. 

156417 has moved from GA to EMR and 170271 has moved from GA to TFW. 

I'm unsure if GA still have any 153s or if they have all already moved to TFW. 

But largely now, the GA services are in the hands of the basils. I understand 37611 rescued 755404 on the 6th February and 37800 rescued 755424 on the 7th February. I have to say it doesn't look good with at least two failures in the past couple of days alone, with potentially more that I may be unaware of, especially now that the GA fleet is solely relying upon the basils to run their services. 

I hope this info is of use. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Pretty sure (unless my memory is even worse than I feared) that according to info on here, the last 153 headed off into the sunset a few weeks ago.

I reckon in the near future when all these failures are but a memory, we'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. Speaking as someone regularly shoe-horned into a Bittern Line 153 in summers past, I shall maintain my optimism.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

Tbh I completely forgot you were on standby. Had a learner for most of the evening so was pre occupied with that, hence the memory loss lol were you camped out in the cab?

Basically yes , watching crap on YouTube and browsing the net, had our ops apprentice with me

Not on it next week up at Crewe 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Pete 75C said:

Pretty sure (unless my memory is even worse than I feared) that according to info on here, the last 153 headed off into the sunset a few weeks ago.

I reckon in the near future when all these failures are but a memory, we'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. Speaking as someone regularly shoe-horned into a Bittern Line 153 in summers past, I shall maintain my optimism.

You're probably right. I haven't seen much info or updates regarding the 153s. I know that some of them have gone to TFW but just can't confirm if they all have or not. I do hope that the niggles are ironed out on the new FLIRTs because I have seen several good reviews and comments about them from the general public and spotters/enthusiasts who have travelled on them. 

3 hours ago, russ p said:

Basically yes , watching crap on YouTube and browsing the net, had our ops apprentice with me

Not on it next week up at Crewe 

Damn it, been a while since I was on board a 37. I'm days sun-tues and then nights thurs-sun over the next 8 days. Let me know when you're next rostered on and I'll bring a brew with me. 

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Siggie in the east said:

Damn it, been a while since I was on board a 37. I'm days sun-tues and then nights thurs-sun over the next 8 days. Let me know when you're next rostered on and I'll bring a brew with me. 

Will do, you've got a fair few shifts in in coming week

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, russ p said:

Sorry about the last horn blast was our apprentice!

I know - I'm friends with him on FB and he messaged me :lol:

14 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

You're probably right. I haven't seen much info or updates regarding the 153s. I know that some of them have gone to TFW but just can't confirm if they all have or not. I do hope that the niggles are ironed out on the new FLIRTs because I have seen several good reviews and comments about them from the general public and spotters/enthusiasts who have travelled on them. 

Well and truly gone, they left in two runs on 2 and 3 December 2019

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1