Greater Anglia's Stadler Flirt - Class 745 & 755

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

And to quote a well known Queen song.

Another one bites the dust as 2W18, Ipswich - Cambridge is terminated at Stowmarket due to Basil

Thanks for the info. 

I'm assuming that's 800 and 611 both now in action then. At this rate ROG will have to have three thunderbird 37s for the FLIRTs. 

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

'm assuming that's 800 and 611 both now in action then. At this rate ROG will have to have three thunderbird 37s for the FLIRTs. 

Basil on 2W18 is running under it's own power as 5W18, Stow - Norwich so still only the Norwich thunderbird out - but in Basil land it's early.

Lord (of your choice) help us tomorrow when the Wherry lines reopen completely ....

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Basil on 2W18 is running under it's own power as 5W18, Stow - Norwich so still only the Norwich thunderbird out - but in Basil land it's early.

Lord (of your choice) help us tomorrow when the Wherry lines reopen completely ....

I presume that 611 is out then because that was at Norwich yesterday. 

I was thinking the same. Considering all of the old GA fleet including 153s, 156s & 170s have all now gone to their new homes the Wherry lines will also be fully FLIRT operated. I can feel the week ahead been a really busy week for the 37s and for passengers I feel it will be the start of a nightmare. 

I mean this week has been bad enough with again quite a lot of failures resulting in delays and cancellations.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

37800 scrambling from Colchester to go and rescue 755417 which is currently blocking the Westbound (Ely/Cambridge) line at Bury-St-Edmunds.

It's Monday, it's 5 past 8 and it's Basil Day (again)

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

PS - the single line from Reedham - Great Yarmouth has just seen the first service (ie not a test) as 5Q37 takes it, only 2 1/2 hours late and it looked like the first aspect given to 5Q37 at Reedham was missing a feather.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

48 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

37800 scrambling from Colchester to go and rescue 755417 which is currently blocking the Westbound (Ely/Cambridge) line at Bury-St-Edmunds.

It's Monday, it's 5 past 8 and it's Basil Day (again)

Literally just passed Needham en route. 

C6T. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Literally just passed Needham en route. 

It's (probably) going to have to run wrong road from Haughley to Bury as 2E70, the failed train, has 2W04 sitting behind it.

2W04 left Thurston at 07:24, so has been there for 90 mins as I type this, happy pax ... maybe not.

• RMweb Gold

2W04 has been cancelled and has run wrong line to Thurston where passengers detrained (presumably) then run wrong line to Elmswell as 5W04 where the emergency crossover was used and it is now proceeding right line back to Ipswich. Very rare for anything to use Elmswell EX

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, beast66606 said:

2W04 has been cancelled and has run wrong line to Thurston where passengers detrained (presumably) then run wrong line to Elmswell as 5W04 where the emergency crossover was used and it is now proceeding right line back to Ipswich. Very rare for anything to use Elmswell EX

I've had to use it a few times during failed train situations.

Wrong direction moves are becoming quite common these days, mainly down to the Basils, as we will suggest it as the quickest way to remedy the situation and control will agree as they dont want passengers sat in the trains overly long since the 745 fiasco.

Not looking forward to going into work tonight......

• Friendly/supportive 3

so one sat down at bury yesterday for 3 hrs until thunderbird one was on route....

Today heard that fuel dump in crown point lost the lot.

look great from the outside. i can see them moved or taken onto electric only if and when GA get removed

• RMweb Premium

Crikey! Just scrolling through the GA Twitter page and their are plenty of delayed, short formed and no toilet available services today. 

Also two failures from what I can see, both are currently ongoing at the moment. One is 17:32 Liverpool Street to Clacton-On-Sea and the second is the 18:43 Liverpool Street to Cambridge. I'm assuming that both of these are basils. 

I have to say I do feel for the passengers using GA. I know that train services in the north where I live and that I use aren't perfect, but this is something else. This makes passenger services in the north look good...

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Also two failures from what I can see, both are currently ongoing at the moment. One is 17:32 Liverpool Street to Clacton-On-Sea and the second is the 18:43 Liverpool Street to Cambridge. I'm assuming that both of these are basils. 

I believe the basils only work the Norwich services out of Liverpool street, so most likely neither are basils.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Titan said:

I believe the basils only work the Norwich services out of Liverpool street, so most likely neither are basils.

Thanks for the reply and for letting us know. Maybe not the basils then on these couple of occasions. Still no shorter than a nightmare though for passengers.