Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

So anyway, continuing from the previous page, here are a few more pics from earlier.

25285 backs up to the Railfreight Van and Wagon.

IMG_7529.JPG.e54781ade1d42fb253363c8544dad6ef.JPG

IMG_7530.JPG.664b185cd7849cc3ada7e7011aaf4372.JPG

Then runs off and runs around.

IMG_7532.JPG.dbd8ea418bbefa109fa6926cbc4a764e.JPG

And collects two more Wagons from the other Yard.

IMG_7533.JPG.825e628b2d5221c30854ce7e470b3138.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Andy, in the second from last photo, what is that point in front of the Railfreight wagons please?  Is that a Peco Setrack point?  Itlooks a sharper radius than the others- you will have guessed why I ask having seen the photos on ER's...… ;)

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Andy, in the second from last photo, what is that point in front of the Railfreight wagons please?  Is that a Peco Setrack point?  Itlooks a sharper radius than the others- you will have guessed why I ask having seen the photos on ER's...… ;)

Hi Neil, Yes it's the Set Track Point from Peco and it's Uni Frog so no dead sections and no stalling Locos.

Good luck with your new project mate.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Andy.  No idea what it's going to be like yet, I need to do some experiments about what radii small locos and 4 wheels wagons can cope with.  That will guide the track plan, and that will guide the style of the location!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I was expecting Two new additions to the SMS Fleet today, but with a lighting problem on the 47, I only have the Highland Stag Tractor, fitted with a YouChoos Sound Chip and two large round speakers.

Very nice it is too.

IMG_7572.JPG.6718bf3b0721cea950292065772a87ad.JPG

IMG_7573.JPG.f6d77b295a6c9d586578633f8ab8a255.JPG

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I was expecting Two new additions to the SMS Fleet today, but with a lighting problem on the 47, I only have the Highland Stag Tractor, fitted with a YouChoos Sound Chip and two large round speakers.

Very nice it is too.

IMG_7572.JPG.6718bf3b0721cea950292065772a87ad.JPG

IMG_7573.JPG.f6d77b295a6c9d586578633f8ab8a255.JPG

Did the delivery Guy say anything about a Crompton ? :rofl:

Looks nice Andy, does it sound the dog's doo dah's ?

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muddys-blues said:

Did the delivery Guy say anything about a Crompton ? :rofl:

Looks nice Andy, does it sound the dog's doo dah's ?

Best regardsCraig.

F18 (Horn) sounds like a Dooooo Daaaaa:D

No mention of a Crompton mate, but that reminds me, I still have mine to detail and finish off.:yes:

I do need a Crompton or two for Kingsmill though mate.

IMG_7567.JPG.86e984bcbdca2aac12ec8b2ff8eedfb3.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

F18 (Horn) sounds like a Dooooo Daaaaa:D

No mention of a Crompton mate, but that reminds me, I still have mine to detail and finish off.:yes:

I do need a Crompton or two for Kingsmill though mate.

IMG_7567.JPG.86e984bcbdca2aac12ec8b2ff8eedfb3.JPG

Is that 7mm ??? Ha ha ha ... I am on my iPhone, so it doesn’t load emojis for some reason !!! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Is that 7mm ??? Ha ha ha ... I am on my iPhone, so it doesn’t load emojis for some reason !!! 

4mm in Layouts section mate.

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

Very nice photo's Andy, the class 37 looks fantastic :)

Steve.

Cheers Steve, it certainly is a BEAST, and has real presence on the Layout.

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

The 37 look's good mate,  the big problem is it's TOO CLEAN !!! come on mate get the air brush out.....

Yes indeed mate, it needs a good work over with powders and paints and then a final dusting with the Air Brush to get it like your Dutch Ped, as seen on Grundy St this morning.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Excited, (although not over excited), by the arrival of the Tractor, I decided to do a little on SMS today and fitted the fence between the Yard and the running line, then the whole area was ballasted and a few signs of vegetation added.

More of the Green standy up stuff will be added once the area has dried.

IMG_7597.JPG.f5d723b5d7c6ae1e565d2737b1da21fb.JPG

IMG_7598.JPG.4cda69add1855426dba99d5bad653031.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG.509ff1921b087e209b1f83440b2dddc0.JPG

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
On 06/05/2019 at 15:10, Andrew P said:

Very nice it is too.

Hi Andy,

Looks good :) Definitely needs weathering as commented!  What do you think to the YouChoose sound chips?  I've not had one myself, but several people have now said stay away from them they're not the best ... you have a experience with the sound chips so what is your unbiased view?  On a par with the rest, or above/below standard?

Rich

• Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Looks good :) Definitely needs weathering as commented!  What do you think to the YouChoose sound chips?  I've not had one myself, but several people have now said stay away from them they're not the best ... you have a experience with the sound chips so what is your unbiased view?  On a par with the rest, or above/below standard?

Rich

PM Sent mate.

• Thanks 1

37 's looking good. I can't wait to get my second one finished but lacking motivation at the moment!

If you have some yellow paint that matches the HJ colour then its worth touching in the skirts, if not I believe the black can be carefully removed to reveal the yellow underneath, I've not tried this mind as mine have had the skirts removed! Also, if you've got them its worth popping the frost grills over the radiators, 183 only lost them when it became 884. If not I think I have at least one pair here somewhere, will just need a lick of blue paint.

Al.

• Informative/Useful 1

29 minutes ago, D6775 said:

37 's looking good. I can't wait to get my second one finished but lacking motivation at the moment!

If you have some yellow paint that matches the HJ colour then its worth touching in the skirts, if not I believe the black can be carefully removed to reveal the yellow underneath, I've not tried this mind as mine have had the skirts removed! Also, if you've got them its worth popping the frost grills over the radiators, 183 only lost them when it became 884. If not I think I have at least one pair here somewhere, will just need a lick of blue paint.

Al.

Thanks for the info Al, I don't know what an HJ is, but certainly the Frost grills were going on anyway as are the Snow Ploughs as all pics I've seen of it in L/Logo have the ploughs fitted.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you get your motivation back, I keep mine going by having 3 Layouts on the go, it can get confusing, but never boring.

Today was a day off from visiting Mum, so I spent a few hours in TOPS. I did manage to finish making the Bridge supports, and then Ballasted the Fuel Roads. Before Ballasting, I made up a couple of 3mm MDF infills to go between the Tracks at either end of the Fuel Point, this has saved an awful lot of Ballast as I wanted the area between the Tracks level.

IMG_7603.JPG.648c673ee6664b0a3cacf2506434f122.JPG

IMG_7602.JPG.d0f3e672ea5a5ed2f879a817258218b1.JPGIMG_7600.JPG.aeee90928a0a7daaaaf9b427288ca1c5.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG.2a5f548f4033e92213325ae6c8ba4aaa.JPG

IMG_7604.JPG.c68a1770cc5b3677f995d5c73ed05490.JPG

• Like 7

Sorry HJ short for Heljan!

It'll come back, work and other things get in the way! Just finally done the door handles on my 26 so that's now going for some dirt and I have picked up the 37. First time in a few weeks I've done anything but it looks like I may have a deadline to sort a few bits for DEMU.

Al.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D6775 said:

Sorry HJ short for Heljan!

It'll come back, work and other things get in the way! Just finally done the door handles on my 26 so that's now going for some dirt and I have picked up the 37. First time in a few weeks I've done anything but it looks like I may have a deadline to sort a few bits for DEMU.

Al.

Looking forward to meeting you at DEMU then, I can walk there but it's all down hill, it's the walking back up that kills me, still there's always the Bus, or I could get really lazy and take the car, haha.

Do you have a Layout there?