Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

That last photo from 45 degrees across the crossing doesn't work for me as all the immediate land beyond the left gate appears to be lower than track level and so the track just disappears into thin air.

It does look good viewed from the far end but I'm wondering if there's a scenery solution that can look good from both POVs. Tricky I know and it is in effect a consequence of having the gate so near to the boundary.

Colin

270437815_SevenMillsRRX.jpg.bb91e0edd47a710cc25e3b2fb4a6be75.jpg

Edited by BWsTrains
typos
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

57 minutes ago, BWsTrains said:

Hi Andy,

That last photo from 45 degrees across the crossing doesn't work for me as all the immediate land beyond the left gate appears to be lower than track level and so the track just disappears into thin air.

It does look good viewed from the far end but I'm wondering if there's a scenery solution that can look good from both POVs. Tricky I know and it is in effect a consequence of having the gate so near to the boundary.

Colin

270437815_SevenMillsRRX.jpg.bb91e0edd47a710cc25e3b2fb4a6be75.jpg

I do see what you mean in the photo, but in real life it looks better.

The Line goes around to the left behind the Bushes on an Embankment but I will add some higher Bushes there next time I have the Scenic Boxes out.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

I do like that 25 (mine is next up on the list for weathering) but it looks like your cab glazing needs popping back in.

In my opinion it is also crying out for a rake of clay hoods!

Thanks, but no Clay Hoods in North Wales I'm afraid, I'll have to sight the next venture back in deepest darkest Cornwall. haha:toclue:

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks, but no Clay Hoods in North Wales I'm afraid, I'll have to sight the next venture back in deepest darkest Cornwall. haha:toclue:

Ah well that's very easily sorted - just paint the mountains white!

Treseven Sidings has a certain ring.... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just an idea, the gates. They are not in use, and have not been since the good doctor done some surgery. Would the paint be all flaky, exposing some rotten wood? And could there be weeds growing through the cross bars?  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Just an idea, the gates. They are not in use, and have not been since the good doctor done some surgery. Would the paint be all flaky, exposing some rotten wood? And could there be weeds growing through the cross bars?  

There is still a small Quarry beyond the Gates, but only accessed a couple of times a Month.

I like the flaky paint idea though.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Having had the privilege of viewing the scenic area and some running I can confirm that when you are there it looks right i.e. much better than the photographs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/03/2019 at 23:30, PeterBB said:

Having had the privilege of viewing the scenic area and some running I can confirm that when you are there it looks right i.e. much better than the photographs.

Cheers Peter, and I will be putting a Tree by the Gates to overhang if I can and hide it a bit more.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2019 at 01:01, Andrew P said:

There is still a small Quarry beyond the Gates, but only accessed a couple of times a Month.

I like the flaky paint idea though.

you could just put in a big bush/ tree so you can't actually see where it goes round the back

• Agree 1

On 19/03/2019 at 13:44, Andrew P said:

The Line goes around to the left behind the Bushes on an Embankment but I will add some higher Bushes there next time I have the Scenic Boxes out.

Stick a bus in front of it and no-one will notice :jester:

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

you could just put in a big bush/ tree so you can't actually see where it goes round the back

Yes indeed, see my reply to Peter BB above, = Cheers Peter, and I will be putting a Tree by the Gates to overhang if I can and hide it a bit more.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KNP said:

You obviously have the luxury of a double bus option - one at each end of the layout, something most of us can only dream about....!

A Bus is something I can only dream of Kevin, haha:laugh:

I really do have the Blues, yesterday I started my next 4mm project, Mason Street (Goods),

This will run alongside SMS once Bala Town is Sold / dismantled / smashed up:o:sarcastichand:

More work on SMS soon as I have some new ideas.:P

• Informative/Useful 1

Popped into the Model Shop in Poynton Garden Centre today and amongst other bits for Mason St, I picked up some more fencing for SMS so I can do the next stage on here when the mood takes me.

My Rat also had a run out on George's Grundy St today, and what a cracking Layout that has turned out to be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Can't justify having a rat on 'Grundy Street' but after seeing and hearing your's on Saturday l am not to sure now, Hahahaha ....

lt was great to see you, Ade, & John on Saturday mate, sure was a great day..

Edited by georgeT
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1