Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Morning Martin, and Cheers for that, the current Fleet consists of;

08 = Blue

08 = Black

20 = Blue

20 = R/Freight Large Logo Red Stripe.

25 = Blue X 2

37 = Blue Large Logo

40 = Blue

47 = Blue

56 = Railfreight Grey Large Logo

Plus a 33 that has been Sound fitted but needs the Bogie conversion, Cab interior, flush glaze and Oleo Buffers and Pipe work fitting. I have all the bits, just need to get on with it now.

I'll be out down at Mum's Bungalow for most of today so not a lot will happen in TOPS today.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 02/08/2019 at 22:04, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

If they are LEDs, then the camera is picking up the flicker of lights.  LEDs switch on and off very rapidly, which the human eye doesn't see, but put a video camera on with a shutter speed above 1/60th of a second, and the Flickr will show up.  Its the same problem that we have with trains on the National Network - the lights can appear to be all 'OFF' despite clearly seeing them when you hit the button!

The downside is selecting a slower shutter speed will result in a blurier picture, although that might not be too big an issue at the speeds involved on model railways.  Major problem on the big railway of course!!

Rich

Very interesting it would seem the problem arises from the use of PWM to control the brightness of the lights. Run on pure DC with a resistor for control  and there should be no problem ( eg in Signals buildings etc). But with DCC, the decoders use PWM to control the motor speed via an H bridge circuit I presume the LED lights must receive a similar supply.

Don

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Yep that's right, probably in the khz range.  If you set the brightness to full ie 100% on 0 off then the flickering should stop.  Changing the resistance makes very little difference to the brightness but changing the on / off ratio has a direct relationship.

Sorry cannot help with camera settings, just a black box to me.

Phil

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KNP said:

I do like that last picture, I assume you have open the door and let the sun shine in?

Thanks Kevin, it's coming in through the window, as it early evening. and cast a shadow over the 47 which looks like it's sheltered by the Trees.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jintyman said:

You need sunglasses to look at those wagons!!!

Jinty ;)

And that is another job on my TO DO list, as well as the Whistler once it's been numbered, and most of the OO Stock as well.

Far to many jobs building up.:o

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning Andrew

May I make a suggestion that the fitter at Seven Mills have a butchers at the radiator grilles on that there Brush Type 4 1/2. the one near the cab is neither open or closed, it is all over the shop. We don't want the poor thing to become over heated and poorly.

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Good Morning Andrew

May I make a suggestion that the fitter at Seven Mills have a butchers at the radiator grilles on that there Brush Type 4 1/2. the one near the cab is neither open or closed, it is all over the shop. We don't want the poor thing to become over heated and poorly.

I'll have to have a look at that, it may mean getting the Grilla Glue out.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

Looking good Andy, has the floor been strengthened in TOPs ? as that is some weight there with all those Locos :scared:

Best regards

Craig.

That's why I cant buy anymore mate, haha.

• Funny 2

2 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Good progress Andy railings do look good. Every time I see those railway workers I'm sure their in an 'out of pub state' I do hope no of them are Drivers. :scared:

No not Drivers Martin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brake Fitters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oNNNNNnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:nono:

Haha.:laugh: