Christmas Eve

"its almost a sin to cover the entire thing in snow." I'm inclined to agree, now for the easier said than done comment, have you considered a "frosted" look. I do remember some time ago seeing a layout with this effect. I've know idea how this was achieved, but in your model a hoar frost would retain all the fine detail and keep the winter theme.

I would agree about the frost idea. I seem to remember reading about a layout where they'd temporarily added a load of snow scatter to do an exhibition at Christmas. When they tipped it off again it wouldn't all come off so it ended up with a frosty effect. This might be an option, and you could add glue to specific bits where you might want more of the snow to stick.

"its almost a sin to cover the entire thing in snow." I'm inclined to agree, now for the easier said than done comment, have you considered a "frosted" look. I do remember some time ago seeing a layout with this effect. I've know idea how this was achieved, but in your model a hoar frost would retain all the fine detail and keep the winter theme.

Off the top of my head, cheap white eyeshadow with a glitter effect might do the job.

• 4 weeks later...

so over the last few days i have been busy, i wanted to get christmas eve finished. 

i have added snow, santa and a sleigh with rudolf. 

i then built a train, i used a 3d printed body in the style of a GWR railcar and added passengers and lights and a DCC chip. 

all in all im really happy with how this turned out and looking forward to taking it to peterborough show.

post-24423-0-60097600-1540810549_thumb.jpg

post-24423-0-84170700-1540810568_thumb.jpg

post-24423-0-45075200-1540810581_thumb.jpg

post-24423-0-89127400-1540810593_thumb.jpg

and finally a video 

and so what do you all think?
  • Like 14