S&D Info Wanted

d600

• RMweb Gold

Which one? There were two!

Ivo Peters' books show quite a few shots of the main one that was north of the station, its was controlled by Midford A Ground Frame. The one south of the viaduct was closed in 59/60, and controlled by Midford B Ground frame. 

Here is a signalling diagram:

post-26-0-68730700-1540540557_thumb.jpg

post-26-0-68730700-1540540557_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Which one? There were two!

Ivo Peters' books show quite a few shots of the main one that was north of the station, its was controlled by Midford A Ground Frame. The one south of the viaduct was closed in 59/60, and controlled by Midford B Ground frame. 

Here is a signalling diagram:

Hi it’s the one north of the station towards bath jnc I’m interested in thank you for the signalling diagram.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

If your interested in modelling Midford there's a book called 'The Somerset & Dorset at Midford'  by Mike Arlett (as I recall) which is worth getting.

As a general point though, when asking questions about the Somerset & Dorset, it may be better to put the topic in the Somerset & Dorset section rather than in the general very big 'UK Prototype Questions' section (where it may drop down and off the first page very quickly).

This can be found under Prototype, then Special Interests - UK Prototype, then Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway Group.

S&D experts may be more likely to spot it there.  

Edited by Combe Martin

• RMweb Gold

Middleton Press - Mitchell & Smith - Bath to Evercreech Junction has a photo looking down the length of the yard. Plate 34. I seem to think that there were some exchanges about the shed there and whether anyone had photos of the back of it, somewhere here on RMweb some time ago.

There are a couple of close-up shots of the gate, crane and bufferstops and of course the track plan in Judge & Potts' A Historical Survey of the S&DR Track Layouts and Illustrations.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

The OP was nearly two years ago.

Probably gave up due to a lack of information and is modelling the Stockton & Darlington now...  ;) 

Jason

For sake of clarity, I use the term S&DJR, for the southern S&DR.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

The OP was nearly two years ago.

Probably gave up due to a lack of information and is modelling the Stockton & Darlington now...  ;) 

Jason

Which is why I suggested that Somerset & Dorset questions are better put in the S&DJR section.

• Agree 2