Rapido announce Metro Cammell Weymann Fleetline Bus

Andy Y

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest North American newsletter features the Fleetline - pictures are essentially the same as posted by Phil just over a week ago.

But the newsletter does include this:

We are open to destination, livery and bus number suggestions!

Probably best to submit them to Rapido via their website.

Rapido Newsletter - https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-News-127---THREE-new-products-and-other-neat-stuff-.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=1ZijgyD2tAk

• 3 months later...

So the excellent interview of Jason Shron by Phil Parker(*) gives the news that these buses are about to go into production, with the details and how to order being made public when Rapido UK finds a way to open their bank account (hoping maybe later this month, but subject to the realities of getting the bank account).

* interview as linked to in another topic.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Seems the list of Fleetlines has been released (or I just haven’t paid much attention!), nice to see some Coventry examples in there! Although I would hope Keresley Village will appear on the model and not Keresley City* as advertised :D Will be getting 6986 on the 36 for sure!

https://rapidotrains.co.uk/fleetline/

*Was on my phone, artwork shows Keresley Village thankfully! 

Edited by Amnesiac

Which is I guess a good time to point out for the bus people as well that you might want to consider subscribing to the Rapido UK newsletter, where you would have learned about these earlier - including the April 1st Newsletter #3 announcing that TTC Diecast have commissioned 4 exclusive models:

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-UK-News---No--3.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=sGWrBCZGI0M

Or Newsletter #4 with an update and a photo of some of the shells from the factory production process

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-UK-News---No--4.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=g38eSrTC7BI

Rapido UK newsletter signup can be found at https://rapidotrains.co.uk/newsletter/ for those interested.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...

Rapido UK posted an update last week to their Facebook page, buses are on their way to the UK.

Photo of the West Midlands Fleetline #6965 - 7 CITY CENTRE VIA WITTON in striking blue and grey livery is in the Facebook post

• Informative/Useful 1

Evening all!

I apologise I have not had a chance to add the latest newsletter to the website. As mentioned we have been featuring some models on our Facebook page. For those of you who don't follow us here are two of the forthcoming Fleetlines:

142521631_IMG_1254-nowires.jpg.17c783e8a4d58950ba9d0c56a6af8685.jpg1047543723_901002-nowires.jpg.47f5f38c74a694be6ae7fc18f509f1ea.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2

14 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Evening all!

I apologise I have not had a chance to add the latest newsletter to the website. As mentioned we have been featuring some models on our Facebook page. For those of you who don't follow us here are two of the forthcoming Fleetlines:

142521631_IMG_1254-nowires.jpg.17c783e8a4d58950ba9d0c56a6af8685.jpg1047543723_901002-nowires.jpg.47f5f38c74a694be6ae7fc18f509f1ea.jpg

Looking really good Andy and to use an RMweb standard, I have caned the plastic and ordered three. I have an observation and two questions for you. The observation is that the wheels, or maybe just the tyres look just a little too large and chunky, but maybe a little late to correct now.

Question 1 -  Are the destination blinds printed - is it easy to change the destination numbers and blinds ?

Question 2 - is the unpainted version likely to be available soon ? Unless Rapido are likely to produce the Bristol VR variant of this bus, (engine bustle and radiator grille) I am thinking of a conversion myself. But there again, maybe a prepainted one would be easier. 

Thanks very much Andy and Rapido team for having faith in the UK modellers. Hope they sell well enough, 

5 hours ago, Covkid said:

Looking really good Andy and to use an RMweb standard, I have caned the plastic and ordered three. I have an observation and two questions for you. The observation is that the wheels, or maybe just the tyres look just a little too large and chunky, but maybe a little late to correct now.

Their Facebook post on August 6th stated they had left the factory.

On 14/08/2021 at 08:21, Covkid said:

Question 1 -  Are the destination blinds printed - is it easy to change the destination numbers and blinds ?

Question 2 - is the unpainted version likely to be available soon ? Unless Rapido are likely to produce the Bristol VR variant of this bus, (engine bustle and radiator grille) I am thinking of a conversion myself. But there again, maybe a prepainted one would be easier. 

Thanks very much Andy and Rapido team for having faith in the UK modellers. Hope they sell well enough, 

Thanks for the comments.

I am not an expert on the bus so unfortunatly cannot answer question 1 - I will endeavour to find out.

Regarding question 2 - these have all but sold out and we have taken them off sale. However I may have one unallocated - if you want to drop me a PM with which one you are looking for I will look into it for you.

Many thanks,

Andy

• Like 1

• 1 year later...