Cadoxton Quay

RusselBridge2017

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, RusselBridge2017 said:

Some new scratch scrap wagons and a very un prototypical DRS flask train in South Wales, my story goes they built a Magnox Reactor at Aberthaw in the 1970s.

P1030695.JPG

Seems perfectly reasonable to me....along with the nuclear submarine facility at Newport....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Seems perfectly reasonable to me....along with the nuclear submarine facility at Newport....

and obviously there would need to be a small yard to combine wagons for onward service to Crewe and Sellafield....a sort of southern Crewe Coal Sidings.....I'll get my haz mac...

Edited by Gilbert

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Cadoxton Quay has made progress in recent months with benchwork completed around my old Marley.

The lower fiddle yard is finished and ramp up to the scenic section that I plan.

Now I need to replace the benchwork over the top of the fiddle yard and progress the fun bit of adding structures and scenics.

The way I will build this layout as it is my first fixed none exhibitable model is by adding buildings onto separate removable boards so I can model and detail in the warm as opposed to the currently sub zero garage. I am getting on you know.

Watch this space......

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Distracted again I am, in this hobby I believe you have to go with the flow model what inspires you today, even if that means a huge work in progress cupboard......

Anyway, not much progress on the layout again....

Bachmann FNA opened and flask scratch built, now where is my Mainline 46 locomotive....

20230119_095157.jpg

20230119_094933.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...