Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Guys!

I have got my point levers coming tomorrow from a certain Merseyside retailer.

Yesterday I got a little parcel of some figure from Modelu, so I have get plenty of things to keep me busy this week.

Tomorrow Patch has his MOT at the Vets. He is not keen on the journey but is always well behaved.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 5

Cazzo has that to look forward to, in March.  

The journey (all of 5 minutes each way) will take place to the accompaniment of mournful wailing from the cat box, and is only accomplished by means of skulduggery of the most foul and despicable kind, mainly locking his emergency exit when he’s not looking, and before getting the cat box from its hiding place atop the deep freeze.

Talking of which, how do you spot a dyslexic Yorkshireman?  
He’s the one wearing the cat flap, ti-bum-crash, I thank you.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Here is the sloped control panel I started making the other week. It will be mounted on the side of the baseboard. Holes have now be drilled for the power lead and track wires. The point levers have arrived and these will be inset into the panel. I think I may buy two more levers and then I can control the signals in the same manner rather than use the little switches supplied by Dapol.

Patch passed his MOT :D and weighed in at 4.6kgs. He has just come in with his daily mouse... 

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0037.JPG

• Like 19

DCC Concepts point levers are the business aren't they Ade. 

Initially I will be using toggle switched on a mimic-board with led display but I may swap them over for those as they do look very good and have a great feel to them.

Best

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Here is the sloped control panel I started making the other week. It will be mounted on the side of the baseboard. Holes have now be drilled for the power lead and track wires. The point levers have arrived and these will be inset into the panel. I think I may buy two more levers and then I can control the signals in the same manner rather than use the little switches supplied by Dapol.

Patch passed his MOT :D and weighed in at 4.6kgs. He has just come in with his daily mouse... 

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0037.JPG

That looks really good

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0037.JPG

Hi Ade, that looks great but shouldn’t the levers be the other way round?

I’d have put the locking latches on the far side.

I was going to use those too, but they were unavailable for so long I ended up using simple DPDT switches instead.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Ade,

Changing the subject ever so slightly......Have you started on your Mitchell 517 Class yet, and if so what version will you be building ?

Just asking as there are a few points you may wish to know.

G

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Grahame, I will not be starting the build until the New Year. I have two other projects to finish first. I hate having multiple unfinished items all on the go at once.

I am going to build this one which ran on the Malmesbury line.

Cheers, Ade.

GWR class 517 number 545..JPG

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
  • Like 6

Hi Ade,

Very nice too !

I think you'll enjoy building it but I would urge you to follow Malcolms instructions and if you do then it will be a delight to build.

I've made a start on mine and with a few fiddly diddly bits I am enjoying it.

There's a brief description over on my thread if it's of any use.

G

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 08/12/2020 at 21:36, Adrian Stevenson said:

You are correct of course. I had plonked them there for the photo not paying proper attention :blush: I had these on order for ages....

Hate to tell you this Ade,but...............I have seen them both ways! Yer pays yer money,yer makes the choice.............

atb

Phil

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

The motor and gearbox for the 517 finally arrived this week.

Hi Ade,

I used the same motor for my Armstrong goods with the exception of the gearbox being fitted "ex factory" so to speak.

You may find the gears slightly tight when fitting but with a bench running in they will / should improve. I gave mine a good couple of hours running on and off.

Enjoy,

G

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/12/2020 at 21:46, Simond said:

Alan,

I see you are doubly blessed, a bonny cat and a wife who gets involved (well, I’m making an assumption that the lady in the photo is your wife :) ) 

MrsD was seen at Romney MES with r/c gear in hand driving my 16mm live steam Prince many years back.  It elicited the comment “you lucky b...”, to which the only answer is, well, yes...

atb
Simon

Yes,here is the proof, 1973

IMG_20191226_205017719_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

• Like 7