BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

• westerner changed the title to BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, westerner said:

I don't know Andrew. They are so tiny that when i made the first magnetic pole the magnets were still together (all 4 of them) and my fingers are so useless that I could only manipulate them as one stick. When I snapped them apart 2 were in the tube, so I made the second one the same.

BUT what a difference they have made in playing (whoops operating the layout), it is now so much easier. I have also been adjusting the sector plate to make a much smoother entrance from the loop, all of a sudden no derailments. I also had a go at the barrel bolts which lock the sector plate in position, so that now there is a at least a 99% of electricity flowing and locos moving. So much so that when I go into the railway room something is moved or shunted.

Today it was the afternoon coal train.

8749 has been upto the colliery and brought down 4 loaded wagons9 yes I have made a 4th removable coal load, and shunted itself back to the front of the train and moves off back to the mainline at Bullo Pill.

1069811151_pmcoal2.jpg.dadbea75b2fe2b6faeecd93b8ba2ed3b.jpg

546685578_pmcoal3.jpg.d3c44e8bb058d4539926c8b3454f294b.jpg

2096447738_pmcoal4.jpg.5b5a42a6174bf631d36ef3cc0778cec6.jpg

That last picture is fantastic. Great modeling

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, westerner said:

I hope your not too disappointed.

Not at all - its a load better than mine!  Your photos have been inspirational for me, thank you.

Had a fiddle with it down in the garage today as it is finally warm enough, a kind RMWebber is trying to help me out of my modellers block, I am useless at buildings so he is looking at perhaps making one for me.  Kind thought.  So while measuring up, I had to play trains, as you do.

P1150387.JPG.fa6aacff10aaf97cd1649842dd56c8f3.JPG

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Right at the very beginning of this thread you mention the works of Ben Ashworth, a quick search reveals several different "The Last Days of Steam in Gloucestershire", are they different covered reprints of the same two book ? The two Amberley volumes appear to be the newest.

Edited by w124bob

. My copy of the "Last days of Steam in Gloucestershire" is the Amberley Soft back printed in 2009, the book was first published in 1983, whether as a hard back or soft back and by whom I do not know. 

The other well known  Ben Ashworth book is "BR Steam in Dean" published by Lightmoor Press reprinted in 2017.

I hpe that helps Bob?

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
On 11/04/2021 at 15:26, westerner said:

another photo from a slightly different angle.

1499023458_undergrowth3.jpg.7e9f87aed47f5f50490b6661dced0cc7.jpg

On 10/04/2021 at 14:11, westerner said:

Good to see several FoD layouts on here.

Thought I'd have a go at the undergrowth at the right hand side of the layout near the short siding and the end of the platform. Since the line has been stopped before the tunnel and there is a good chance the line might be closed in a year or two, not much has been done to keep the encroaching undergrowth down. So I decided to add some shrubs and saplings to the ground at the end of the platform and the little ridge between the siding and the old "main" line.

Yes and Drake senior and Junior are still talking about Blakeney's game with Minsterworth and their young Goalie A Davies.

55686887_undergrowth1.jpg.508d78f8a2645aeb97f5dac2bca5dfbb.jpg

I really like both of these photos, Alan. The natural pose of the two gents and the bike propped up against the shed is lovely. 

Are the figures from ModelU?

All the best,

Nick.