Flexible mains cable supplier.

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking for a supplier of very flexible mains cable (silicone?) to replace the very stiff cabling on the Dremel

Can anybody point me towards a supplier as I'm not sure about all the 'technical lettering' on various sales sites?

Many thanks.

Without thinking to long  about this how about flex for a iron? All right it might not be silicone,but the core conducting wires are fine multi strand designed to flex as the irons goes back and forth, rather than normal flex which has only three strands makeing it stiffer,its the thick copper wires that stiffen the flex rather than The sheathing, also a iron being high currant draw should be fine on a drill

should be available at a local hardware store

Edited by Graham456
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

Butyl rubber flex is quite 'floppy ' also known as heat resistant cable. 0.75 3 core = 6A  Buy a meter or ask to see some to make sure it's what you want.

Edited by 73c
spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Graham456 said:

Without thinking to long  about this how about flex for a iron? ... should be available at a local hardware store.

If you're fortunate enough to still have a local hardware store and even more so to find that they still stock such a thing, you can obviously try before you buy.  But if like me you have to resort to ordering online in order to put a longer lead on Mrs Spikey's iron, you may well find, as I did last year, that the contemporary equivalent is not quite what it used to be.  Yes it still looks the part, but it's nowhere near as "floppy", and furthermore when uncoiled, it can be reluctant to "relax".

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NIK said:

This might do (not sure what happens if you want more than a metre):

The price is per metre, so unless you select 1m, you get a length of how ever many multiples of 1m you ask for. e.g. put quantity 5 and you get 5m.

• Thanks 1