Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

All sounds promising guys and no worries on the delay, we all know it'll be worth it when it arrives!

Seeing as you guys seem to be vastly far ahead from all the traditional manufacturers, can I suggest something really cheeky and unusual, going far beyond the usual call of duty for manufacturers?

I'd love to renumber all of my Accurascale 92s to make them different to your RTR batches, I normally use a variety of chemicals or scratching with scalpels to remove factory printing, if you guys have a few 'test' bodies leftover, it would be great to see if you are able to recommend the most ideal way (or big 'no-no's) on how best to remove number/name/Europorte logo branding without ripping through your grey painted base colours, be it enamel thinners, T-Cut, IPA etc, please? 

In short, a quick advisory on how to best 'ruin' your models, without actually wrecking them and having to repaint..!! 

Many thanks as always!

James

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Accurascale,

Noticed that last year GBRf 92032 "IMechE Railway Division" has been re-liveried to the non-Europorte livery and the round decals removed.

Would you consider doing this one in its current livery or you will stick with the Europorte livery as advertised?

Cheers

Steve

38 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Hi Accurascale,

Noticed that last year GBRf 92032 "IMechE Railway Division" has been re-liveried to the non-Europorte livery and the round decals removed.

Would you consider doing this one in its current livery or you will stick with the Europorte livery as advertised?

Cheers

Steve

That sucks that's the one I wanted thinking it was up to date! Wanted Europorte and also IMechE as I am a member!

In fairness still looks smart:

Direct From Dollands

But I aren't likely to buy the model knowing the livery is out of date.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

That sucks that's the one I wanted thinking it was up to date! Wanted Europorte and also IMechE as I am a member!

Direct From Dollands

no matter what your locos liveries will be out of date at some point, it's the nature of the railways

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Adamphillip said:

no matter what your locos liveries will be out of date at some point, it's the nature of the railways

I know. But doesn't mean that I have to buy something knowing it is out of date.

Normally I try and manage my stuff to make sure it's in date there or thereabouts so I probably won't knowingly be buying something I know isn't as current prototype.

Edited by TomScrut

13 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Direct From Dollands

I actually do like this non-Europorte livery as it suits the slab sided body on the 92 but as stated I have ordered this 92032 and don't mind either livery too be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, classy52 said:

I actually do like this non-Europorte livery as it suits the slab sided body on the 92 but as stated I have ordered this 92032 and don't mind either livery too be honest.

Yeah had I already got it on pre order I wouldn't be that bothered but I may leave it until nearer due date to see it there is one in current livery.

4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

...and a livery I want one of (but if Dapol do 59003 then that would sort that).

You might be in for a long wait judging by general progress on the Dapol 59, by which time 59003 could well be in a new livery by then anyway!  :D:rolleyes:

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, YesTor said:

You might be in for a long wait judging by general progress on the Dapol 59, by which time 59003 could well be in a new livery by then anyway!  :D:rolleyes:

Good point! Rumour has it they are doing it but when they do any and when this would follow are not exactly clear!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I know. But doesn't mean that I have to buy something knowing it is out of date.

Ive got models dating from 1825 to 2020 and some that never existed and models for more than 30 countries...

nothing is out of date, in date, update or no date, under date, over date or inside out date.

Date is meaningless to most modellers, as most models overlap or stretch geography unless you have absolute discipline to a set date in time at a specific location... and even then your weathering will never be 100% accurate.

Rule 1.

besides the model remains accurate.. just not past Feb 2020.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 5

16 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Ive got models dating from 1825 to 2020 and some that never existed and models for more than 30 countries...

nothing is out of date, in date, update or no date, under date, over date or inside out date.

Date is meaningless to most modellers, as most models overlap or stretch geography unless you have absolute discipline to a set date in time at a specific location... and even then your weathering will never be 100% accurate.

Rule 1.

Exactly, rule 1. And I don't want (if at all possible) something not in current livery on the layout. Stuff I have going into different liveries is different to knowingly ordering something I know has already been liveried in real life.

It's not like I am saying Accurascale have screwed up, they haven't, nor am I saying nobody else should buy it.

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Premium

I haven’t ordered any of the 92s yet, but just as your rule is to have everything up to date, my rule is to have variety in liveries. And I hope and expect to be ordering quite a few.

Neither is right or wrong and there will be so many different ‘rules’ we self impose. I just hope that manufacturers don’t get misled that one person‘s (or any of our) ‘rules’ are more important or prevalent than others!

6 minutes ago, amwells said:

Neither is right or wrong and there will be so many different ‘rules’ we self impose. I just hope that manufacturers don’t get misled that one person‘s (or any of our) ‘rules’ are more important or prevalent than others!

I aren't suggesting otherwise. All I have said is that I am unlikely to buy 92032 now, but will probably have 92020 instead. On the other hand I think if I was making these models I would want at least one as current prototype, but that is the case with the 92 regardless of today's discovery. But I appreciate that this isn't easy with lead times Dapol's choice of launch liveries on the 59 has left them without a loco keeping the livery for the foreseeable but when the model was first announced DB probably hadn't even taken steps to sell them.

• RMweb Premium

I guess on the flipside though if Accurascale changed the livery to the 2020 GBRf version then it may let down quite a lot of people who’d pre-ordered the version promised in good faith, could create some ill feeling too, so guess it goes both ways! If I were Accurascale I’d stick to my guns and then also an opportunity to do the ‘current’ livery in the next batch to earn more £££ back on the tooling!

Rule 1 definitely applies, I model late ‘90s to early 2000s only, so in my personal view the Class 92 livery should always be two tone grey excepting the two celebrity EWS-liveried locos, which is hardly prototypical of what one normally saw out spotting! :lol:

Cheers,

James

• Like 1

12 hours ago, James Makin said:

I guess on the flipside though if Accurascale changed the livery to the 2020 GBRf version then it may let down quite a lot of people who’d pre-ordered the version promised in good faith, could create some ill feeling too, so guess it goes both ways! If I were Accurascale I’d stick to my guns and then also an opportunity to do the ‘current’ livery in the next batch to earn more £££ back on the tooling!

Rule 1 definitely applies, I model late ‘90s to early 2000s only, so in my personal view the Class 92 livery should always be two tone grey excepting the two celebrity EWS-liveried locos, which is hardly prototypical of what one normally saw out spotting! :lol:

Cheers,

James

Yes, I didn't suggest they should change what they were making as it is still relevant to a lot of people and most importantly, it is correct. I was just exclaiming my disappointment the livery had changed as that's the one I wanted to buy! But I will probably buy the other one instead.

But on the subject of changing what they are making interestingly enough that is what Hattons have done with the Biffa 66. Updated it to have the white around the windows and the newer window configuration.

Edited by TomScrut

14 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I aren't suggesting otherwise. All I have said is that I am unlikely to buy 92032 now, but will probably have 92020 instead. On the other hand I think if I was making these models I would want at least one as current prototype, but that is the case with the 92 regardless of today's discovery. But I appreciate that this isn't easy with lead times Dapol's choice of launch liveries on the 59 has left them without a loco keeping the livery for the foreseeable but when the model was first announced DB probably hadn't even taken steps to sell them.

DB sent the first examples to Romania two years ago, in 2018. When did Accurascale announce their intentions?

27 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

DB sent the first examples to Romania two years ago, in 2018. When did Accurascale announce their intentions?

Not sure but I don't get your point. The reference to DB was to do with their 59s and the fact Dapol are making them but they no longer belong to DB, but when Dapol chose to make that livery that might not have been on the horizon

• RMweb Gold

Its a good job your not modelling diesels in 1955-1960...

10001/2 and 10201-3 changed appearance almost as often as each appearance they made.

If your modelling railways in February 2020, thats actually a pretty lonely game, as by May 2020 quite a lot will change.

Todays modern image is a revolving door, just today I learnt I can now model class 60’s alongside class 142’s on a preserved line, in a few months time my East Midlands HST will be preserved too.., and its the very number Hornby produced.. though its been named and changed from EMT to EMR in that very short window.

if I want to keep current, I need to put a hammer to my DCR class 56 amongst other things. I’ll be keeping my Class 92 order proportionate to what I see, as a window of time, who knows who will be operating the sleeper by the time the model arrives.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1