new 70s- 80s br blue layout build

o gauge nut

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Once on You Tube, I just copy and paste the link and remove the ''s'' from the https.

Hope this helps.

On the video, I click the share button, select copy link, then paste it. Never had to delete an S

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

On the video, I click the share button, select copy link, then paste it. Never had to delete an S

Cheers, I always had to on the Old RMW, to get a picture, but just noticed that I didn't need to this time.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

Videos recorded on the phone are actually quite good. I did some for Black Notley last summer and the beauty is you can load direct to  You Tube. You can get into some tight spaces that a normal camera just cant get to,

Paul R

Edited by pwr
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, robertc said:

Nice weathering job on the class 47.

cheers

Bob

hi bob yes it does look good better than my work for sure 

i think the fuel tanks are djh  that have been modified and have a very large speaker underneath .

the buffer beam has been changed for a brass one with brass buffers the correct size and to top it off it has a top notch paint job  and all the lights work independently  on different functions

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, o gauge nut said:

hi  Andy look forward to seeing them on your layout as i love 47s and 37s as they are what i grew up with.  i think its just the sound  of them it never goes away

Yes it was 1977 when I first got into Railways aged 27, and used to go to Fratton or Chichester in my Lunch Hour, depending where I was working. At Fratton it was mainly 33's and 50's plus the odd 47, but not much else other than Electric Units. At Chichester I saw more 47's and quite a few 56's on Cargowaggons. The small Coal Yard was still in use in Chichester in the early 80's but only 3 or 4 16T Minerals a week I think.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 18/03/2019 at 20:45, Andrew P said:

Yes it was 1977 when I first got into Railways aged 27, and used to go to Fratton or Chichester in my Lunch Hour

I would frequently drive class 47s from Southampton to Birmingham from the little known extra cab in the front coach vestibule! I love that chatter as a Sulzer opens up.

• Like 1