'Uffexe' - Devonian small space 7mm branch line

Aureol

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the radio silence - summer, work, preserved railways for inspiration, household chores... 

Here’s an update, half the layout (see pics) is into the finer details now plus further landscaping and weathering. The ‘main line’ is operational and all other sidings are pre-wired, just awaiting final connections.

Photos below show the halt partly under  the bridge and multiple angles of the now finished creamery buildings and hard standing.

The second board will be underway shortly with another scenic break device, goods shed and cattle dock.

Giles

3863B0DB-65A3-48C5-94EE-504D5B60DD95.jpeg

D336D4B6-32CC-411A-9E83-70022BB524ED.jpeg

54680D4F-CEAB-4054-BB9D-8EADFFC26F3A.jpeg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, GRASinBothell said:

Were those capstans (?) common in milk depots, and what were they for? Moving the milk tank wagons when there was no loco?

Gordon

They’re bollards to prevent stray road vehicles from getting onto the tracks - prototypical in my ‘health & safety’ head!

• Informative/Useful 1

On 30/08/2019 at 19:58, Aureol said:

They’re bollards to prevent stray road vehicles from getting onto the tracks - prototypical in my ‘health & safety’ head!

Tripping hazards in mine!

Perhaps they should have been provided though as the only road? accident I ever caused was when I reversed my three wheel Messerschmidt in a goods yard (Truro Newham) and contacted the axle box of a moving 12T van that had just been fly shunted into the siding....

Overall scene is looking good and coming along nicely.

Edited by steve W
correction
  • Funny 2

Attention moving to the other board now. Here’s the scenic device I’m using, York Model Rail footbridge to form the break to what will be the cassette system (on another board). 

Its laser cut plastic, great kit, about two hours to get it constructed, but still needs filling, detailing etc.

Giles

03EBFB95-560C-4AFD-A0A1-8A36C22431B5.jpeg

• Like 17

On 08/09/2019 at 19:47, PannierTanker14 said:

That middle photo from within the autocoach is a very artistic piece!

Yes, it does look like a painting doesn't it. We could start up a new thread 'When the real thing looks like a painting...'

• Agree 1

I have just caught up again with your thread and I must say that you have made a fair bit of progress. Nice work Giles, the bridge looks great and with the skill that you have in creating realistic scenes I have no doubt that the second board will be even better than the first.

Rod

Footbridge painted and installed, ended up doing quite a few modifications to make it more logical from an engineering point of view plus added smoke deflectors. 

Need more hours in the week - anyone know how to clone?

Giles

9FDBA90A-04CC-43E0-86C3-BAAFAF67586A.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 11/06/2019 at 03:53, N15class said:

Small RTR is a bit limited to industrial or GWR. If you follow other railways it gets you into kit building. 

Disagree, Dapol do a Terrier, a Jinty, and an 08, 

Heljan do an 05, and a 14, which Minerva are 

also doing. It's a lack of eastern and scottish

locos that's a problem, not too many GWR!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcm@gwr said:

Disagree, Dapol do a Terrier, a Jinty, and an 08, 

Heljan do an 05, and a 14, which Minerva are 

also doing. It's a lack of eastern and scottish

locos that's a problem, not too many GWR!

1 LBSCR (as nice as it is, it's no use to me), 1LMS, and BR, yet you can get panniers, 14xx, prairies, etc. Along with B sets and whatever the GW call pull push coaches. 

Yes a great imbalance compared to eastern, midland and southern.

• Agree 2