Slimrails (part of Finelines) to close

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Roger Chivers posted this over on NGRMonline

After keeping the Slimrails part of Finelines running for 10 years, Simon and I have decided to call it’s day as of today. 

None of you know how much effort he’s put into keeping you supplied with his part of range, but I do and I think the family comes first. 

This does not affect Five79.

Roger”

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Informative/Useful 1

Shame - the kits are of the highest quality and interesting subject -  that 21t MDV just falls together - 20+ got me through a fairly time in my life - Best wishes to the Chivers' and thank you …………………………..

Maybe the redundant moulds could be offered to Peco for a (business-like) consideration in the same vein as the Parkside range so that the kits will not be lost to future modellers ????

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, polybear said:

I wonder if there's a reason why they didn't announce that the order book would close in (say) a month, giving one last buying opportunity?

The reason for closure is because of family matters.  I don't know exactly what those are (and I'm not going to ask), but possibly something that means that they can't even commit to another month of trading.

It may be disappointing for us as potential customers, but family always comes first and we must respect Simon and Roger's decision.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, polybear said:

I wonder if there's a reason why they didn't announce that the order book would close in (say) a month, giving one last buying opportunity?

Because that would have opened the floodgates and 5 years of orders would materialise within a week, exactly the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Simon and Matt took on and split the business between them a few years back when Rogers health meant he couldn’t continue. It won’t have been taken lightly as they’ve put loads of work into them since.  Give them time and there may be news on the range but for now they’ve put the important things to the fore as Rogers post noted.