Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy, compared to you Im in the shadows video wise and hide behind Lj. Im afraid the videos I do are poor attempts on an iphone! :nono:

There still good quality and I could not tell they were from a Dog and Bone Julian.:good:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good quality Air brush, being a newbey to air brushing please excuse my naivety, do they come with a compressor? If not, can a suitable one again be recommended.

Big birthday coming up so might just treat myself.

Are the Iowata the best? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Julian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Have a look here, might be useful advice.

I'm no expert but, I bought a cheap chinese one for learning with and also have in my stock an Iwata Neo TRN2 and a Badger 200

Both excellent brushes but if you want to spray large areas the Sparmax 850 seems a popular choice due to the larger capacity cup (125ml)

Compressors are again dependant on you usage. I have a mini one for airbrushing, a 6L for general use, tyres, spray cleaning, air gun cleaning, etc. and a 50L for my grit blaster (far too big for general use!)

A must have is a moisture trap/filter and for obvious reasons oil free operation.

There are far more experts in this field out there, this is just my setup!

Good luck

Regards, Deano

Edited by Deano747
Incorrect size; 50L, not 25L
  • Thanks 1

After watching Ian’s masterclass on his class 50 I thought I better start mine.

I have painted out the incorrectly positioned white line and when I can locate them will use a railtec white line transfer Steve made for me to replace the line towards the windscreen.

As Ian said the weathering will hide the paint job, hopefully. Also dotted a few patches of grey on the group.

I will use his technique to dab some white paint on, but generally speaking Ark Royal ‘s paintwork was not that bad.

I will leave the NSE flashes on although 50035 never carried them.

image.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

After watching Ian’s masterclass on his class 50 I thought I better start mine.

I have painted out the incorrectly positioned white line and when I can locate them will use a railtec white line transfer Steve made for me to replace the line towards the windscreen.

As Ian said the weathering will hide the paint job, hopefully. Also dotted a few patches of grey on the group.

I will use his technique to dab some white paint on, but generally speaking Ark Royal ‘s paintwork was not that bad.

I will leave the NSE flashes on although 50035 never carried them.

image.jpg

have fun, but those flashes do come off easily 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Interested to know if Steve Bell from Railtec is contactable on here? Iv been trying to get some transfers made up as specials and have heard nothing from him regarding them to order.

l got a response to an special order placed on line but nothing re the quote.

Oh well guess I will have to try Fox. 

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Interested to know if Steve Bell from Railtec is contactable on here? Iv been trying to get some transfers made up as specials and have heard nothing from him regarding them to order.

I think there is a contact facility on his website

Paul R

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

unfortunately Steve is rather busy. There’s a few things I need, but it doesn’t look like I’m going to get them

• Friendly/supportive 2