Stanhope Works - OO Micro.

Still waiting for my second pair of boards to turn up, so progress has been pretty much non-existant for the last couple of days. I've been cutting out parts for the next structure in the Scalescenes kit, but beyond that, not a lot happening.

Once those boards turn up, and I get a decent chunk of time free enough to modify them and get them all assembled, then we'll see some real progress - I hope!

Considering how thin on the ground money is until the end of Jan (stupid work, paying me twice in december, meaning 6 weeks between paydays), this project is what will be keeping me going, I think.

I've also got Operation Dark Winter (US HO scale micro layout) to finish before Mansfield show in a few months time. That's my February project, I think. :D

Good stuff going on here - all well and its a freebie - Yes Scalecenes can put some good stuff out if you have the patience.

The one  error I made is that card doesn't take to damp garages easily and soon became compost :rolleyes:

*A liberal spray of the wife's  hairspray is a good damp and colour sealant  apparently.

**Unscented spray is available unless you want your warehouse smelling like a tart.

Ian

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/01/2020 at 11:14, Crisis Rail said:

**Unscented spray is available unless you want your warehouse smelling like a tart.

Rather that than my tart smelling like a warehouse... (no matter the sort of tart)...

Liking the look of the warehouse @DanielB have been tempted with the warehouse kit myself but think I'll stick with SMS laser cut affairs. 

Ralf

• Like 1

Though I've been quiet lately due to working on my HO micro layout, I have had a few hours this week to continue on the boxfile kit.

This part of the build is going to require modifications to fit the laser cut baseboards I'm using for the layout, so I've added a wall from a kit from Model Railway Scenery to the front edge of the loading dock.

Still a long ways to go with this one.

IMG_20200119_023947.jpg

IMG_20200119_024003.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Not much progress on Doe Lea lately, as I've been splitting my attention between this, my US micro, painting wargaming figures and playing the new Call of Duty on xbox.

That said, today I took the baseboards out into the garden between bouts of rain, and smoothed down all the edges where I'd performed surgery to remove bits here and there to fit the track plan. Next I'll need to implement some form of method of joining the baseboards together and then it'll be ready for track laying. :D

• 10 months later...

After a long bout of zero motivation, I've decided to focus on this layout again.

My inspiration to build it was always my grandad, my dad and my uncle being miners. Well, my grandad is very poorly and I think working on this layout will help me cope.

Anyways, I've ordered some figures from Modelu to crew my peckett, and I've started working on some more buildings for the layout.

This was a few hours progress from last night:

20201209_214947.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• DanielB changed the title to Stanhope Works - OO Micro.