Roco Z21 WiFi

RexAshton

Ok. Before I give up cab anyone help or advise. I've been trying to connect a Roco Z21 setup to work wirelessly. The unit works correctly with a wired connection to a Roco Multimaus but will not connect through WiFi. I'm using the supplied TPLink router which appears to be functioning correctly but neither a Roco WLanMaus nor the Android app will connect. The WLanMaus does not show a wireless signal although to the best of my knowledge the settings are correct (everything is default) The Android App is on a Samsung Galaxy S6. The phone is connecting to the router but when I open the app it doesn't show a WiFi signal either. Am I just being thick or is there something I;m missing. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's a black Z21 (Capital Z) so yes it should be ready to go. I've tried resetting both the router and WLanMaus to factory settings as well but that doesn't seem to work. The Galaxy connects to the router but the WiFi signal icon in the app has a red cross through it. I've also tried it on my main phone (Huawei P20) with the same result. I've tried switching off the house router to see if that helps but it doen't make any difference.

• RMweb Gold

Ok so rather than opening the app first if you go to settings and connect the WiFi in there then open the app does it make a difference?

Next try connecting then shut down and reopen the app. I’ve had that with Android and any time I go into the settings I had to refresh it by fully closing it by swiping it off the app list and reopening it. 
Apart from that the Z21 May not have been configured correctly but I’m afraid I don’t know much about setting that bit. I assume you need to tell it the code off the router somewhere?

20 hours ago, RexAshton said:

Ok. Before I give up cab anyone help or advise. I've been trying to connect a Roco Z21 setup to work wirelessly. The unit works correctly with a wired connection to a Roco Multimaus but will not connect through WiFi. I'm using the supplied TPLink router which appears to be functioning correctly but neither a Roco WLanMaus nor the Android app will connect. The WLanMaus does not show a wireless signal although to the best of my knowledge the settings are correct (everything is default) The Android App is on a Samsung Galaxy S6. The phone is connecting to the router but when I open the app it doesn't show a WiFi signal either. Am I just being thick or is there something I;m missing. Any help would be much appreciated.

The phone is connecting to the router 

how do you know that 

Being silly I know, but you have connected the Z21 to the router with a cable and also you are entering the Z21 IP address into the phone and Wi-Fi Multimaus? 

The default address to enter into the phone and Maus is 192.168.0.111 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

• RMweb Gold

I can only reiterate some of the points given above, I have had the same problem in the past with the wifi sign in the App showing the Z21 being offline.

First make sure you have plugged the supplied network cable into one of the Orange lan ports on the back of the router (NOT the wan port)

Next make sure you have plugged the network cable in to the LAN port on the back of the Z21 (NOT the CAN port) 

(Been there done that :rolleyes:) Although this is a wireless system the actual Z21 box is NOT and needs the physical cable connection to the router.  As the Z21 has a physical connection to the router you should not need to put in the password for the router.

Make sure you have connected your power leads from Z21 to track.

Now switch on and after a short startup time you should see a power light on the router and also a yellow light indicating that one of the lan ports is connected to something. And a nice steady blue light on the Z21 if no fault on the track connection etc.

Next on your phone or tablet, MAKE SURE the App is closed then open wifi settings, look for the router (mine comes up as Z21_ 2756 or sommat like that)  and connect, you WILL need to put in the password from the label on the bottom of the router.

Now finally open the App and see if it connects (make sure to use the new black App not the old blue one as I think some things are starting to not work in the old App)

Come back and let us know if this doesn't work and we can look to see if re setting the router has jiggered the settings and it needs re configuring

Hope this helps 

Matt

Edited by Mattc6911

1 hour ago, RexAshton said:

It shows in the phone's wifi settings as connected but with no internet access.

Have you tried the other suggestions that have been made? Entering the Z21 IP address into the app settings? Entering the Z21 address into the Maus?

If you don't enter them then they don't know where to talk to.

• 1 year later...