A quick post to link a few clips from this evening's running session following the completion of the ground cover:

A few niggles to fettle but overall very pleased with the progress over the last few weeks. Next on the agenda is to sort the control panel to get the layout fully setup off the panel rather than dangling push buttons!

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Will

• Like 12

Just wanted to post up a quick video of the freshly fitted Dingham auto uncouplers on my EFE CargoWagon and Hattons 66:

Following a great workbench article by @Kylestrome and following @Jack374 I’ve modified the Dinghams to a larger loop of .45 nickel silver wire. This has improved the couplings no end and I’m really pleased with the outcome. Just need to do everything else now!

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 11

Will,

I've been following somewhat in the shadows, but the scenery is coming along nicely for sure.

And that tractor with the Large Logo livery looks very delicious. A 37 in that scheme has always been my favourite. 

Cheers, 

Will(the other one)

• Thanks 1

Looking good and I'm pleased the double slip looks like its working well!

You need a class 40 for proper track testing ;) my falls off all over the place!

One thing I noticed with the hattons 66 is a bit of light flicker which seems odd. Does that one have all wheel pick up?

Your Vi 37 is still my favourite 

Cheers

Will

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, AireValley1962 said:

Will,

I've been following somewhat in the shadows, but the scenery is coming along nicely for sure.

And that tractor with the Large Logo livery looks very delicious. A 37 in that scheme has always been my favourite. 

Cheers, 

Will(the other one)

Thanks very much “other” Will! It’s P4’ed currently most likely for a future project but it’s superb in LL. Hopefully should have some more progress on the scenery soon.

8 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

Looking good and I'm pleased the double slip looks like its working well!

You need a class 40 for proper track testing ;) my falls off all over the place!

One thing I noticed with the hattons 66 is a bit of light flicker which seems odd. Does that one have all wheel pick up?

Your Vi 37 is still my favourite 

Cheers

Will

Thanks Will. It’s taken some fettling and I haven’t wired in the frogs yet but it works quite nicely so far! I think a class 40 may struggle over the double slip! It does indeed have all wheel pick up, but it needs the pick ups adjusting and a stay alive fitting. Could also do with having a mass wheel cleaning session...

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

Nice pair!

Always look forward to seeing a nice pair of 37s! ;)

I'll get my coat and leave now!

Layout is looking good Will.

Wayne

Edited by Wayne 37901
  • Thanks 1
On 21/01/2021 at 10:25, Southwich said:

I don’t think anyone does a specific 37/5 chip so I think that’s the closest possible. 

My understanding of this is that internally a 37/5 and 37/7 are the same as a 37/4 so the sound file is acceptable for all subclasses.

Are the 37/7 not just added ballast weight? Can't remember now without looking. I think the 5s were basically a 4 without train heat.

• Agree 1
On 03/02/2021 at 10:33, SouthernMafia said:

My understanding of this is that internally a 37/5 and 37/7 are the same as a 37/4 so the sound file is acceptable for all subclasses.

Not sure if it's applicable to 37s, but I seem to recall that on some classes ETH fitted locos had a slightly faster tick over to provide sufficient power to the ETH.  If that does apply to 37s (further research required), then that would mean there should be a difference between a 37/4 and 37/5 or 37/7 sound file (although whether that difference is noticeable is a different matter!).

• Like 1

On the topic of 37s a few more clips of 37698 mixed in with a few of my shed:

Been working on a few wagons this weekend after a delivery from Phil at Stenson models, first up the S Kits KWA on sprung Y25s:

E1326F6E-6B10-4A2B-BC8B-637C42B2227B.jpeg.f09d89a14763372fe9c7a01a53274b0d.jpeg

This is awaiting the final few white metal parts.

I’ve also converted the first VGA using the new W Irons and cast axle boxes from Stenson as well. This kit is superb and I can’t wait to do some more sprung air braked stock using them!

95251448-7324-4A08-9B99-298A00BC0C44.jpeg.ccd4609c949062583785160d7d465f3c.jpeg

Just need to take some inspiration from @James Makin and get it weathered when the weather improves.

The final bit of work I’ve done this weekend is this eastern region hut from Intentio ( @BrushType4). A great little kit and fits in perfectly with the region. 37698 leaving Motts Lane sidings past the new hut:

27BEA4EB-6E0D-4E6A-AE81-439657E9C35D.jpeg.5d7bbee49b00d4ce0d68982cc2fa2997.jpeg

Hope everyone is keeping well and managing to get some modelling done!

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

4E8EC5C8-3351-40D6-A8F7-955F594DD91F.jpeg.a1bddd8a3a8db42dcc7eea33fb189c4a.jpeg

Loadhaul 37698 emerges from the bridge at Motts Lane with the new tree from @richscylla which is absolutely stunning! It adds a great deal of interest to the foreground of the layout, but needs bedding in next. A big thanks to Richard for this!

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 10
  • 4 weeks later...