Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Train set fan at work

MJI

• RMweb Premium

He likes my models but he admits he likes toy trains.

He had a Jouef French loco when a kid, and it broke, motor failed, asked me to have a  look but since I am the one working and he isn't won't see him for at least a month.

A few WhatsApp messages later.

Anyway I found a repair kit on Ebay, he has ordered, I am now trying to pursued him to get more matching stock.

Jouef CC 4010 running number 40101

• Like 1

I recently serviced and repaired a Märklin train set for a chap who does home help cleaning for the elderly. He has had it since he was a boy in the Netherlands in the 1960's and brought it out to Australia when he emigrated but had not used it in about 30 years. I was able to buy the various parts online and had it up and running in no time. When I advised him that it was ready to collect I had it all set up in the lounge room. When I heard him arrive I set it running then opened the door and invited him in. Seeing the look on his face you could easily visualise the 6 year old he was when he received it for Christmas all those years ago. 

Edited by Devo63
spelling
  • Like 8

On 11/04/2020 at 22:51, MJI said:

He likes my models but he admits he likes toy trains.

He had a Jouef French loco when a kid, and it broke, motor failed, asked me to have a  look but since I am the one working and he isn't won't see him for at least a month.

A few WhatsApp messages later.

Anyway I found a repair kit on Ebay, he has ordered, I am now trying to pursued him to get more matching stock.

Jouef CC 4010 running number 40101

I got to say, that doesn’t make much sense at all. Did you find the covid vodka department ?;)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

If the original poster edited his post with a few more details, I'm sure that the 'collective' will happily try to answer any questions.

That's why it's a forum. Sad to say, however, that there is no vodka whatsoever in Smith Towers: Believe me, I've looked.....

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I got to say, that doesn’t make much sense at all. Did you find the covid vodka department ?;)

Yer totally agree with you here Rob:good:

ive looked twice at this thread stil haven't clue..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

If the original poster edited his post with a few more details, I'm sure that the 'collective' will happily try to answer any questions.

I don't think there are any questions, are there? It just seems to be an enthusiastic report of helping someone who isn't into trains as such, repair a beloved childhood train set item.

Written under the influence of blue Smarties, by the looks of it, that's all. :mail: :tease:

• Like 2