replacmet power supply

boltonboy

The issue is the size of barrel plug that fits the Select and Elite. I have been trying to finds a replacement plug (for a project) without success. Hence a replacement Hornby power supply appears to be your only option.

Because the power unit is not faulty. I just need a plug to power my Elite from my DCC Concepts Alphabox in the search of a solution to what appears to be a "floating earth" problem and don't want to cannibalise my Hornby unit.

Boltonboy, if your Select power unit is faulty I would happily buy iy for the plug! :D

On 21/04/2020 at 16:12, JST said:

The issue is the size of barrel plug that fits the Select and Elite. 

What size is it? There are only a few standard sizes and it should not be difficult to find one at RS, Farnell, etc.,...

• Thanks 1

Rats! The plugs turned up today (excellent service) but sadly are wrong. They are the right dimensions except the Hornby version does not have a centre pin whereas 909-2244 does. Back to the drawing board.

If 909-2244 has a centre pin then you received the incorrect parts. The description is for a cable mount plug. These do not have centre pins. The do have a wiper that makes contact with the pin on the other half.

Conventionally, the connector with the centre pin is on the equipment, the cable mount plugs are hollow.

6 hours ago, Crosland said:

If 909-2244 has a centre pin then you received the incorrect parts. The description is for a cable mount plug. These do not have centre pins. The do have a wiper that makes contact with the pin on the other half.

Conventionally, the connector with the centre pin is on the equipment, the cable mount plugs are hollow.

I agree. However, I bought two of them from RS Components each pack was correctly numbered 909-2244 but had the centre pin. When I was spending ages scrolling through their website and looking at technical data sheets it was hard to find a barrel plug that didn't have a centre pin.

I have now resolved the issue by buying a Hornby eLink mainly for the plug but it will serve as a back up system for my Elite which runs via Railmaster.

The official replacement for the Select 1-amp supply is the 4-amp unit used by the Elite. Some PC PSU bricks can be found with the correct size plug.

Edited by RAF96
Missed word
  • Thanks 1