Wagon buffer question

Hi  I have a few coopercraft and ratio  wagon kits being and I would like to get Lancashire  models buffets for them can anyone help  with which ones I need as total novice when comes to gwr stock

Kits are as follows

Ratio open c

Cc mink a v4

Cc mink v5

Cc cattle w1

Cc n13

Cc 04 open

Regards darren

• RMweb Gold

I had a list for some of these when I did a bulk order for all the kits I have outstanding. I think it may have been binned but I hopefully paired up the kits with buffers. Will take a look to see if I can give specific part codes.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Ratio open c - Really depends on the Diagram modelled, Diag 08/16 use BO48 or for the Diag O19 use BO22

Cc mink a v4 - BO48

Cc mink v5 - BO48

Cc cattle w1 - BO48 . If you decided to do a vac fitted W5, then use BO21

Cc n13 - BO48

Cc 04 open - BO48

• Agree 1

IIRC the diagonal strapping on the Ratio OPEN C is only correct for one diagram. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm locked down away from my library at the moment (now extended to at least early July...).

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Il Grifone said:

IIRC the diagonal strapping on the Ratio OPEN C is only correct for one diagram. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm locked down away from my library at the moment (now extended to at least early July...).

I don't know which Diag the Ratio is supposed to represent, hence the suggestions for the different buffers.There could be a third option but I left that one out as I'm pretty sure the kit does not have the sack trolley doors.

Edited by 57xx
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

I've just finished putting one together - the diagonals are correct for O8 and some O9. O8 had chain pockets at first but they were removed later on. Diagram O9 shows later diagonals but some were built with the early type.

Later typed also differ with a sack truck door (bottom plank angled out).

I found the brake gear to be too long and the axleboxes too far out and had to modify a lot. Happy to do this to get a different wagon type without stratchbuilding.

Will

• Agree 1

Yes it's an O8. I think the slight errors are why it's not reappeared.

The same goes for the NBR Cask wagon, I can't remember off hand what was wrong with that.

I believe both were going to be revamped but it never happened. They turn up regularly enough for those that like a challenge.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The NBR cask wagon is too wide (one is being narrowed*...) and everything below the solebars (both kits) is rubbish. The oil boxes are obviously supposed to be GWR (but aren't) and not being an expert on the NBR, I can't speak for the grease boxes. I have several OPEN Cs in various stages of non-completion.

* I have to think of an excuse to run it on a GWR branch line (high local consumption of Scotch? - Rule 1 always applies of course).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

The NBR cask wagon is too wide (one is being narrowed*...) and everything below the solebars (both kits) is rubbish. The oil boxes are obviously supposed to be GWR (but aren't) and not being an expert on the NBR, I can't speak for the grease boxes. I have several OPEN Cs in various stages of non-completion.

* I have to think of an excuse to run it on a GWR branch line (high local consumption of Scotch? - Rule 1 always applies of course).

You've got a very good excuse to have the cask wagons. They were also used for fruit and even got to the South West. This one is at Botley in Hampshire.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113557-from-a-photo-of-botley-lswr/

Jason

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

A toss up between 'thanks' and 'informative/useful'.

Now I have an excuse for two.  :)  There were short and long wheelbase versions. Time to get the razor saw out....

• Agree 1