RevolutioN Trains announce HOA in OO gauge

MGR Hooper!

8 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Other way round I meant. FL currently haul Mendip, DB currently haul Tarmac AFAIK. So I am wondering whether to do FL66 on Mendip (usually 59s) or DB 60 on Tarmac (usually 66).

I'd rather have a 60 for DB duties since I do not currently have one. Otherwise it would be a Hattons 66 and I already have 4 of them. The FL option would be then in hope of Dapol doing an appropriate 59 too.

suppose it depends when you are modelling. The MRL ones could go behind the 60, the FL66 and a Dapol 59. Tarmac ones behind the 60 or DB 66.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There's a pic of Class 66 Captain Tom Moore hauling a set of (I believe) these hoppers in CEMEX livery. It popped up whilst I was searching for suitable rolling stock to go behind one. Might have to order one or three of these.

On 07/08/2020 at 11:40, PeterStiles said:

There's a pic of Class 66 Captain Tom Moore hauling a set of (I believe) these hoppers in CEMEX livery. It popped up whilst I was searching for suitable rolling stock to go behind one. Might have to order one or three of these.

I think all the Cemex HOAs are owned by DB cargo. Do you have a link to the picture as they maybe cut down HYA/ IIA wagons

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, daz9284 said:

I think all the Cemex HOAs are owned by DB cargo.

Correct. Around half the fleet of HOAs are in Cemex blue and grey, the rest are still in EWS Construction. The handful that are now DB red were mostly (all?) Cemex blue and grey ones. All the Cemex ones had the logo painted out around a year after repainting, as per the decals I produced for the N scale HOAs from Revolution

Jo

• Like 3

On 07/08/2020 at 11:40, PeterStiles said:

As said already I'd say it's more likely to be a HYA/IIA

No graffiti yet

As opposed to a Cemex HOA

Cemex HOA 320047 - Doncaster

Which as far as I am aware are not branded like this anymore but are like this:

HOA 320000 200620

Plenty of pics on Flickr with it with HYA/IIAs

66731 4H04 Hasland 23.05.2020.

Mike, that's not an ex EWS HTA, it's an HYA on accomodation bogies. All HTAs cut down into HRAs have been painted red and are in use with DB. All GB HTAs are still full length and maroon.

It's still in the works at Shirebrook. It will be reunited with a set of TF25/LN25 bogies before release. 

The accomodation bogies look to be either a Gloucester or a Davies and Lloyd, with the brake rigging removed.

Hope this helps

Jo

• Thanks 1

Thought I was correct regarding the Cemex HOA.

Slightly off topic, I'm having a go at converting an EWS HTA into a Tarmac HYA. This includes removing a section of the wagon, adjusting the slope of the end of the wagon, fitting LTF25 bogies, fitting buffers and hook and chain coupling, plus a couple of other alterations along the solebar.  

Unfortunately no one has ever made a GBRF HYA or IIA coal wagon in OO to make an easy HYA / IIA aggregate wagon

20200807_214356.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

Unfortunately no one has ever made a GBRF HYA or IIA coal wagon in OO to make an easy HYA / IIA aggregate wagon

Yeah I'd have thought it would be popular TBH.

There aren't that many GBRF branded wagons about in RTR I don't think.. Only 2 I can think of are the Revolution JNA and the Dapol MJA.

OTOH there are a lot of wagons available that they haul.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Mike, that's not an ex EWS HTA, it's an HYA on accomodation bogies. All HTAs cut down into HRAs have been painted red and are in use with DB. All GB HTAs are still full length and maroon.

It's still in the works at Shirebrook. It will be reunited with a set of TF25/LN25 bogies before release. 

The accomodation bogies look to be either a Gloucester or a Davies and Lloyd, with the brake rigging removed.

Hope this helps

Jo

Jo

Thanks for that info. Should have read the small print on the solebar. Do the HRAs still have swing motion bogies?

3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah I'd have thought it would be popular TBH.

There aren't that many GBRF branded wagons about in RTR I don't think.. Only 2 I can think of are the Revolution JNA and the Dapol MJA.

OTOH there are a lot of wagons available that they haul.

Aye they are the only box wagons, then you have the intermodal wagons 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

Aye they are the only box wagons, then you have the intermodal wagons 

Oh aye there are at least FEAs from Hattons and Revolution Ecofrets in that respect. But there are a lot of hopper wagons with GBRF written on them that nobody does. The Tanoos ones I'd be mad keen for.

13 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Oh aye there are at least FEAs from Hattons and Revolution Ecofrets in that respect. But there are a lot of hopper wagons with GBRF written on them that nobody does. The Tanoos ones I'd be mad keen for.

Are they the biomass ones on the lynemouth power station flow?

8 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi all,

Those biomass hoppers are eyecatching but they operate on a very limited route don’t they?

cheers

Ben A.

Yeah, just Tyne Dock to lynemouth power station and very rarely to Drax power station.

40 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

Yeah, just Tyne Dock to lynemouth power station and very rarely to Drax power station.

I was going to say I have definitely seen them on the ECML before but it seems rare as you say. Most of the ECML ones are IIAs, either of the Drax variety or the GBRF/Fastline types as far as I can tell.

I wasn't aware of how rare they were outside of the Lynemouth-Tyne Dock route they were, it's a shame as I'd expect it would be hard to justify making some but they are cool wagons.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I was going to say I have definitely seen them on the ECML before but it seems rare as you say. Most of the ECML ones are IIAs, either of the Drax variety or the GBRF/Fastline types as far as I can tell.

I wasn't aware of how rare they were outside of the Lynemouth-Tyne Dock route they were, it's a shame as I'd expect it would be hard to justify making some but they are cool wagons.

In the 1.5 years I worked for TPE based at York, I think I saw them on the ECML only two or three times.

Now what would be nice is some of the IIA/HOA aggregate hoppers. There are a few liveries these have carried including MRL, Cemex and Touax. 

Although I wonder if Dapol may do them as they look like the HIAs, which some body differences and different bogies 

5 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

In the 1.5 years I worked for TPE based at York, I think I saw them on the ECML only two or three times.

Now what would be nice is some of the IIA/HOA aggregate hoppers. There are a few liveries these have carried including MRL, Cemex and Touax. 

Although I wonder if Dapol may do them as they look like the HIAs, which some body differences and different bogies 

These IIAs I presume you mean:

66710 6E84 Middleton Towers to Monk Bretton Refearns sand,Helpston 19.12.17

Yep I like those too. Another one where I think I'd bite. Too many different IIAs, I have spoken about 3 completely different wagons this morning and they are all IIAs!

24 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

These IIAs I presume you mean:

66710 6E84 Middleton Towers to Monk Bretton Refearns sand,Helpston 19.12.17

Yep I like those too. Another one where I think I'd bite. Too many different IIAs, I have spoken about 3 completely different wagons this morning and they are all IIAs!

Haha, no not them.

These: https://images.app.goo.gl/VMnqeC8hfdnGthVB8

Although they are coded as HOAs, MRL have some identical wagons that are coded IIAs.

The wagon coding is getting confusing. Same as JGAs as they are aggregate hopper wagons but also cement carrying tankers 

4 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

Haha, no not them.

These: https://images.app.goo.gl/VMnqeC8hfdnGthVB8

Although they are coded as HOAs, MRL have some identical wagons that are coded IIAs.

The wagon coding is getting confusing. Same as JGAs as they are aggregate hopper wagons but also cement carrying tankers 

At least those two are similar in style!

Yeah the JGA tanks are nice too!

28 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

Liveries carried to date, in production order are

Nacco / MRL

Cemex

GBRf / Sibelco sand

VTG / MRL (HOA)

Touax (HOA)

Nacco / MRL and Cemex are nigh on identical, produced by Greenbrier over ten years ago.

GBRf Sibelco ones a mix of details of the earlier wagons and the later ones coded HOA, plus added roof and extra cutouts housing controls for the roof doors. At a glance, it's noticeable that the label clip has moved and there's a 6 side cutout behind the goods/ pass lever.

Touax and VTG HOA coded wagons have these modifications, along with cutouts behind the buffer beams for access to buffer locating bolts, different end profile to the upper side sheets. VTG are the only ones to have bogie mounted brake wheels. In short, each batch has slight variations! And yes, I was looking at a Touax one coupled to an early Nacco / MRL one at work the other day.

Jo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1