Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hope your keeping well and away from the Fires and Floods.

The pics are looking great, I've just converted an O Gauge Lima 33, with Sound and full detailing, but I think I'll need / WANT the Heljan one in weathered Blue.

Keep the pics and inspiration coming please, as I'm just in the throws of extending Seven Mills before moving Souf, so need some ideas.

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hope your keeping well and away from the Fires and Floods.

The pics are looking great, I've just converted an O Gauge Lima 33, with Sound and full detailing, but I think I'll need / WANT the Heljan one in weathered Blue.

Keep the pics and inspiration coming please, as I'm just in the throws of extending Seven Mills before moving Souf, so need some ideas.

Thanks Andy, All good here. I had a Lima class 33 and a conversion kit to make a class 27 but ended up selling it as it was a lot of work. I have seen some done and they look pretty good. Can't blame you being tempted with the new Heljan model it looks great.

Just been checking out Seven Mills looks like a good idea it will add a bit more play value. 

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1

On 14/02/2020 at 10:56, P.C.M said:

Thanks Will, hows it going? Glad you like the pics, I haven't done a lot of 00 recently as I have been working on some 7mm loco's but the last week has seen some work on a class 40 and 47.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter, things are good thanks! I too have converted scales recently - having a flirt with a small EM gauge layout after a house move recently; testing but rewarding! Hope all is well in Oz - the 47 I really like! Looking forward to seeing some more photos - some videos would be most welcome too.

Cheers,

Will

16 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Peter,

That new 40 looks good. Bit different seeing those Scottish locos on the layout.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark, 

Good to hear from you. I do have a few Scottish locos myself but we always run a few when my mate turns up as he is building a Scotish based layout.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Southwich said:

Hi Peter, things are good thanks! I too have converted scales recently - having a flirt with a small EM gauge layout after a house move recently; testing but rewarding! Hope all is well in Oz - the 47 I really like! Looking forward to seeing some more photos - some videos would be most welcome too.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will, good to hear you are going ok. EM does look so good when done well. Have you started a thread I will have a look.

I have done some video but haven't posted any up for a while since the file size is so small. I will have to look and see if there is another way.

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Will, good to hear you are going ok. EM does look so good when done well. Have you started a thread I will have a look.

I have done some video but haven't posted any up for a while since the file size is so small. I will have to look and see if there is another way.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter - I do indeed; 

Mainly the usual mid 2000s steel traction which should be nice!

What about a Llanbourne you tube channel? I for one would be very keen to see it if you have the time! The 47 looks fantastic- keep up the good work.

Will

22 hours ago, Southwich said:

Hi Peter - I do indeed; 

Mainly the usual mid 2000s steel traction which should be nice!

What about a Llanbourne you tube channel? I for one would be very keen to see it if you have the time! The 47 looks fantastic- keep up the good work.

Will

Look Good Will,  I will follow your progress.

I do have some stuff on You tube. but the kink wont work. I will look into another way of doing it.

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Peter,

Sorry I’ve not been on here as much of late as I always enjoy seeing your layout when I do get chance.

That 47 just shows actually how good Lima got the shape right at the time. Looks good detailed up on a nice chassis.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark, I don't as  much on here as I used to. 

I always liked the look of my lima 47s it was just the running that let them down, the lima 31s and 20s where quite good too. I even have an old class 40 running with a Bachmann chassis and I think that looks pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Lima 47 is the best of the bunch tbh. Just meeds a bit of love with regards to detailling thats all.

I still maintain that the Vitrains one is the one to go for though.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Southwich said:

Stunning shots Peter! Love the duffs! 

Will

Thanks Will, I think I have mentioned before I wasn't a big fan of the class 47s back in my bashing days but once I was working on the railway I started to quite like them. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RBE said:

I think the Lima 47 is the best of the bunch tbh. Just meeds a bit of love with regards to detailling thats all.

Hi Cav, Hows it going haven't seen you on here much recently, I guess you and Alex would have been busy with all your wagon projects. 

I am really happy with 47245 I always thought the Lima body was pretty good, though I do like my Bachmann models agree the Vitrains was good but the one I had just didn't run as well as the Bachmann. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RBE said:

And comes back to the idea that a model railway is more than the locos - a well painted, weathered and detailed Lima model set within a well detailed layout looks the part, whereas a highly detailed modern model on set track looks totally wrong.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

On 06/03/2020 at 01:52, woodenhead said:

And comes back to the idea that a model railway is more than the locos - a well painted, weathered and detailed Lima model set within a well detailed layout looks the part, whereas a highly detailed modern model on set track looks totally wrong.

Thanks Mate, although things could certainly be improved if I had used code 75 track and maybe made my own points but ballasting and weathering track to a good standard certainly helps.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Nowt wrong with Code 100, I've used it on many a Layout, and also Code 75, and latterly on Argyle Street the New Bullhead with Code 75 Points. I had some issues with some Lima Canvas Steel wagons on that so would have needed wheel changing had I kept the Layout.

If I do another small Layout after the move, it will be a Yard, and will have Code 100 suitably painted, weathered and properly ballasted as on here.

• Like 1

Well guys I think the newer code 75 does look better. But if your happy with code 100 why not use it. I am not about to ripe mine up.

On 06/03/2020 at 01:52, woodenhead said:

Bit of a disaster while running a few trains the other night. 31323 had been out of action for some time as I had tried and failed to fit a sound chip. Anyway I put a normal decoder in it cleaned the wheels and and gave it a run on a ballast train. It ran fine until running round in the station when it star t ed to shudder. I picked it up to have a look and dropped the bloody thing.

I don't think I have ever dropped a loco on the floor before.

Anyway a few hours work today and luckily 31323 is back in service.

Cheers Peter.

20200305_220450.jpg

20200307_181128.jpg

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3