Appleby Model Engineering / Cambridge Custom Transfers - CASTINGS NOW AVAILABLE !!!!!

cctransuk

3 hours ago, rka said:

I could be in the market for ici hoppers. 

Best regards Richard 

Be aware that there are NO complete kits - we are talking individual components which MAY, in some cases, amount to part-kits.

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Be aware that there are NO complete kits - we are talking individual components which MAY, in some cases, amount to part-kits.

John Isherwood.

Best thing to do is let me know what bits you have and I can make a decision then if that is OK? 

Best regards Richard 

John - thanks for the update. I'm still interested but if it's just parts then I wouldn't know what parts are meant to make up what I want.  I'll continue to follow regardless - good hunting.

Graham

John, I think its a long time since the Appleby range was available, so I'd encourage you to take everything, because there will be a lot of pent up demand, and a lot of the more recent entrants to the hobby (and indeed recent converts to wagon modelling) won't have had access to the parts.

Jon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonhall said:

John, I think its a long time since the Appleby range was available, so I'd encourage you to take everything, because there will be a lot of pent up demand, and a lot of the more recent entrants to the hobby (and indeed recent converts to wagon modelling) won't have had access to the parts.

Jon

That's my thinking, too.

John Isherwood.

4 hours ago, Graham108 said:

John - thanks for the update. I'm still interested but if it's just parts then I wouldn't know what parts are meant to make up what I want.  I'll continue to follow regardless - good hunting.

Graham

I trust that my listing will help with this.

John Isherwood.

4 hours ago, rka said:

Best thing to do is let me know what bits you have and I can make a decision then if that is OK? 

Best regards Richard 

As per my recent posting - a full list will be posted towards the end of June / early July.

John Isherwood.

• Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

Great news, some of Nigel Burkin’s books e.g thoroughly modern models, have labelled parts pictures for some of the Appleby kits.

The FPA, HAA, VEA FAT19 and China clay tank are some that are featured if I remember correctly to various degrees of detail which may also help in identifying parts.

thanks,

Andy

7 hours ago, aasmall said:

Hi John,

Great news, some of Nigel Burkin’s books e.g thoroughly modern models, have labelled parts pictures for some of the Appleby kits.

The FPA, HAA, VEA FAT19 and China clay tank are some that are featured if I remember correctly to various degrees of detail which may also help in identifying parts.

thanks,

Andy

John Talbot tells me that he has sorted and labelled the castings - for which I am extremely grateful.

I will be collecting the castings on Monday next, and will post here details of what is available, and how to order it, as soon as I can.

Keep checking here and at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/ame.htm ; this will be a final, once only, never-to-be repeated opportunity to obtain the remaining stock of the excellent Appleby Model Engineering components; on a  strictly first come - first served basis.

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 17/05/2021 at 19:46, Flood said:

This picture shows the components for the China Clay Slurry Tank (ex caustic soda). It will hopefully be of use in identifying parts:

http://community.fortunecity.ws/marina/fishing/456/037.jpg

That link just came up with the following warning when I clicked on it:

Website blocked due to a Trojan

Your Malwarebytes Premium trial blocked this website because it may contain a Trojan.

We strongly recommend you do not continue.

- I've never seen such a warning from Malwarebytes before; all may be fine, but I'd suggest caution.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, polybear said:

- I've never seen such a warning from Malwarebytes before; all may be fine, but I'd suggest caution

I've checked and it seems clean, maybe other stuff on the site is unsafe.

• Thanks 2

• cctransuk changed the title to Appleby Model Engineering / Cambridge Custom Transfers - CASTINGS NOW AVAILABLE !!!!!
On 08/06/2021 at 12:43, cctransuk said:

John Talbot tells me that he has sorted and labelled the castings - for which I am extremely grateful.

I will be collecting the castings on Monday next, and will post here details of what is available, and how to order it, as soon as I can.

Keep checking here and at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/ame.htm ; this will be a final, once only, never-to-be repeated opportunity to obtain the remaining stock of the excellent Appleby Model Engineering components; on a  strictly first come - first served basis.

John Isherwood,

I have now collected and listed the available components - see https://www.cctrans.org.uk/ame.htm

If you anticipate needing any of these items in the future, order NOW - once they are gone there will be no more!

All the items listed are for 4mm. scale; NO other items, in any scale, are available. When ordering, please use the item codes given in the list.

Please read the list carefully; particularly the section at the end concerning ordering and payment; ALL ORDERS MUST BE MADE VIA E-MAIL.

Orders will be despatched in basic packaging; (a poly-bag within a padded envelope).

John Isherwood,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Still showing as coming soon John?

Mike.

Full details are there - I have the orders to prove it!

Press the screen refresh button (circular arrow).

John Isherwood.

John, 

Any chance of some photo's of the variations of brake levers and tank saddles please to help identify them.

I think I might swing past the buffet for a second browse, now I'm past the 'OMG! OMG! OMG! I must get an order off quick' phase that I was yesterday at breakfast time....

jon

2 hours ago, jonhall said:

John, 

Any chance of some photo's of the variations of brake levers and tank saddles please to help identify them.

I think I might swing past the buffet for a second browse, now I'm past the 'OMG! OMG! OMG! I must get an order off quick' phase that I was yesterday at breakfast time....

jon

No chance of photos - rushed off my feet !!!

If you want anything, don't procrastinate - they're going faster than I can pack them.

Snooze - you lose.

John Isherwood.