How often do Bachmann do regional specials

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

Apart from the dealer commission's, I was just wondering how often do Bachmann do their regional special loco runs?  The last was the Class 37, before that, it was Class 47's and I think they were approximately two years apart.  Is this a new thing or has it been running awhile; and if it has, what have been the other classes offered?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Apart from the dealer commission's, I was just wondering how often do Bachmann do their regional special loco runs?  The last was the Class 37, before that, it was Class 47's and I think they were approximately two years apart.  Is this a new thing or has it been running awhile; and if it has, what have been the other classes offered?

The new Class 45s are regional as well. Due soon.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just the 47s and 37s so far, with the 45s to come - January now according to the Bachmann website.

I do wonder what gave Bachmann the idea. The first regional 47s were originally to be Kernow MRC limited editions (47625, 47628 and 47712 for sure as the supplied etched nameplates have Kernow printed on them), so Bachmann had to find a way of shifting several small batches of models, which might be difficult to do fairly if all Bachmann stockists were offered them.

The idea has worked well though.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Just the 47s and 37s so far, with the 45s to come - January now according to the Bachmann website.

I do wonder what gave Bachmann the idea. The first regional 47s were originally to be Kernow MRC limited editions (47625, 47628 and 47712 for sure as the supplied etched nameplates have Kernow printed on them), so Bachmann had to find a way of shifting several small batches of models, which might be difficult to do fairly if all Bachmann stockists were offered them.

The idea has worked well though.

Thanks for the info but can I ask, we’re the Class 37’s the first to be offered with the sound option?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

A lot of the 37s seem to take a long time to sell, and have been discounted. I doubt we’ll actually see anymore “ regional specials “ after the 45s

I think what killed off the interest in the Class 37's was the announcement by Accurascale of their Class 37's.  I got my 37025 with sound because it's a loco I fondly remember driving but the dealer I got it from had ordered four on pre orders; and he told me I was the only one who kept my order after Accurascale's announcement.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I think what killed off the interest in the Class 37's was the announcement by Accurascale of their Class 37's.  I got my 37025 with sound because it's a loco I fondly remember driving but the dealer I got it from had ordered four on pre orders; and he told me I was the only one who kept my order after Accurascale's announcement.

Yes , I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1