Grainge and Hodder

maq1988

I have one - just followed the instructions and it went togther seemingly without a problem without anthing other than a rubber hammer being used if neccessary , but then I realised the top and one cross part had parted company at one side which completely foxed me as everything else was perfectly aligned / fitted. Managed to ease parts apart sufficient to get the cross part out and still could not work out what had gone wrong so ended up deepening the relevant slots in the sides to compensate for the misfit. Wood filler and a coat of paint followed. The two X braces have each ended up with one broken / realigned leg due to point motor conflicts.

• RMweb Gold

For mine I simply held the pieces together with masking tape whilst the glue set. I then inverted it so that it was top down, and weighed down the central X section with a large pile of railway books. Sometimes simple is the best solution. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A little while ago I was searching through RMweb for recommended baseboards and eventually ordered a couple of customised modules from Grainge and Hodder - correspondence was quick and despite an oversight (initially only receiving one instead of two), can't fault the service received.  Delivery was courtesy of DHL.

The modules themselves are great and easily assembled, requiring just a little wood glue which set under the weight of a few books (as per @NeilHB, above).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm finding it quite hard to get a reply from either G&H or white rose ! The baseboard market must be bouyant and then fully occupied .

I could call , but with non standard sizes it's easier for them to have a look at my diagrams 

• RMweb Premium

I have recently received a set of baseboards from G&H. They would appear to be busy - they took 10 days more than the first estimated delivery date,  but all arrived safe, well packed and they go together well. I had no problems talking to people on the phone or emails from them. A good service.

• Like 3