Gas Powered Soldering Irons - Looking for Recommendations

scottystitch

• RMweb Gold

Can the collective provide any recommendations regarding gas powered soldering irons.

It would be for use on wiring droppers, etc., to track, particularly in restricted access areas, soldering track to copper strip for board joins,  and to a lesser extent etched.brass kit building.

I wouldn't go so far as to say money is no object but I'm prepared to pay for a quality product that will last.

I would prefer a refillable device over one that requires particular cartridges.  A significant other had gas powered hair curlers that used cartridges, and that was a bit of a pain.

Any advice gratefully received.

Best

Scott.

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, scottystitch said:

Can the collective provide any recommendations regarding gas powered soldering irons.

It would be for use on wiring droppers, etc., to track, particularly in restricted access areas, soldering track to copper strip for board joins,  and to a lesser extent etched.brass kit building.

I wouldn't go so far as to say money is no object but I'm prepared to pay for a quality product that will last.

I would prefer a refillable device over one that requires particular cartridges.  A significant other had gas powered hair curlers that used cartridges, and that was a bit of a pain.

Any advice gratefully received.

Best

Scott.

Any reason for not using a rechargable electric iron?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/14042574687?iid=333794750717

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parkside-Cordless-Soldering-Iron-With-Accessories/353333063195?hash=item52444aae1b:g:9ikAAOSwDRZf45GS

No preference myself, just a suggestion.