Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Time to get out of the chair and set up camp in The POD for a couple of hours before coffee and cake at 11.

A start on Board 2 wiring this morning I think.:dancer:

Hopefully a Loco Test from the End Board through Board 1 and onto Board 2 and the Yard, before tea time today.:good:

• Like 5

This morning before coffee I've put in all the Droppers for Board 2, and also extended the cut away for the inter board plugs. I have decided to insert a second plug as I now want more Signals on board 2, plus 12V for Yard lights and then a junction Signal that will go beyond the Viaduct, (or whatever I do across the door) so need more feeds.

IMG_5536.JPG.9b8cfd2e9dd408e991b7c16f20f7af2e.JPG

IMG_5537.JPG.e2a1e3c8f46fac317638abc2ce87ad32.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG.6cff29f23307871ca753961c63f8090d.JPG

• Like 16

1 minute ago, David Bell said:

Always a good point in proceedings, the first run. Well done!

As ever it did not take you too long to reach this milestone.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, I just needed something running and now that is sorted I can get on with the next bit of wiring.

• Like 3

On 28/08/2021 at 08:09, Andrew P said:

Hi Nigel, No, There will be very little Passenger Service / Stock running, possibly a 153 or 150 and that will be about it, its really all about freight, and Locos for me. I think with the curves I've had to have through the Station and at the opposite end that's not yet built, the Mk3's would look very long.

I must admit, it is a nice idea though. 

Cheers.

You've got a lot of platform space in that station Andy.  It would be a shame not to use it to its full potential.  Just saying.

Hat coat etc

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

25 minutes ago, Brian D said:

You've got a lot of platform space in that station Andy.  It would be a shame not to use it to its full potential.  Just saying.

Hat coat etc

Regards,

Brian.

The secret is, a short Train in a long Platform make the scene look bigger Brian.:D   :fie:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Another successful morning with all the Point Motors wired into the Control Panel area and tested, all work as they should, and so now I can make up the Panel at some stage.

IMG_5552.JPG.1805b79b0b41027e18c864cb97814628.JPG

I've also GONE ROUND THE BEND.:o

And started to lay the Track to the Fiddle Yard, I have also decided to lay cork in the Fiddle Yard now as well.

The bare area will probably be for the Programming Track. I usually make it part of the Layout, but decided against that on this Layout.IMG_5553.JPG.cebaf15a48c48501b1efa16df38896cd.JPG

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

image.png.7959f076d36166d67c15ae956534b65b.png

Lick?

Touch?

Sell?

Change Scale (again)?

you only need two wires for DCC…..

….and if my grandmother had wheels she’d have been a motorbike

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Funny 6

A quiet afternoon but went back out at 4 and started with a good tidy up, then made a start on the main part of the Fiddle Yard and worked out that I need two more curved Points which I'll pick up at AC Models in Eastleigh on Wednesday.

IMG_5554.JPG.4c774073beead84765a89cd8b743d4d4.JPG

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

A quiet afternoon but went back out at 4 and started with a good tidy up, then made a start on the main part of the Fiddle Yard and worked out that I need two more curved Points which I'll pick up at AC Models in Eastleigh on Wednesday.

IMG_5554.JPG.4c774073beead84765a89cd8b743d4d4.JPG

Are you sure your modelling Cornwall Andy ... looks more like the throat from the hump at Tinsley!!! :)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Enjoyed the video, especially on bending the points.  At last can use a computer but only until dark as there is no power to the lighting and other leads for the printer etc. not yet located.  Like Chuffing ... 2 wire borrowed photograph.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Enjoyed the video, especially on bending the points.  At last can use a computer but only until dark as there is no power to the lighting and other leads for the printer etc. not yet located.  Like Chuffing ... 2 wire borrowed photograph.

Hi Peter, God to see you have some decent internet now.

Will you be using that big room upstairs for your new Layout?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I've done my layout with just two wires for the bus - everything comes off that points and track power, can run the trains with one hand now and not a switch in sight.

Where is the fun in that. This what you need.

100_5769.JPG.d3c6992549219079db94dfd33353e3d4.JPG

100_5774.JPG.84cc9423ea4934ed2e5d2fb197e9f23e.JPG

100_5776.JPG.201c96cd8f3d211b45d1dc08773f3e06.JPG

That is before I wired up the signals and altered the track plan.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5
  • Round of applause 6

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

looking-into-open-bt-telecommunications-wiring-junction-box-on-street-BDF571.jpg.ac257e74d72a0c7e1905a3c6e765e932.jpg

This is what comes of deciding to use crimp connections instead of proper terminal strips. I worked in a lot of these cabinets and none were anything like that.  I think old inspector would have made me redo it all.

Don

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2