People,

Vehicles and

the Rest of the Tracks laid.

Edited  Finished 1 hour ago by Andrew P

:jester:

Then I woke up.:haha:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

That revision makes sense, I saw the units sat in the single ended roads of the fiddleyard and thought, the only place they can go is the yard or trundle just into view at the station.

Then you had that vast expanse of emptiness with a headshunt on the main board that was crying out for sidings, presuming these are for the PW wagons again.

Cheers, The Units look better on show, and do free up Fiddle Yard Roads, but watch this / or that, space on the board.:D   :fie:   :banghead:   :swoon:

• Like 1

Just a thought Andy, l would omit the last point to give room for a service road / fence / entry gates etc etc, or it will be "ALL TRACK PETERS"  all over again ?  l like the idea of moving the station, well done...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Just a thought Andy, l would omit the last point to give room for a service road / fence / entry gates etc etc, or it will be "ALL TRACK PETERS"  all over again ?  l like the idea of moving the station, well done...

Cheers George, I have changed it again and all will be revealed in a day or two, basically, I have put in a By Directional Freight Loop, where the 450 was in the previous photo to bring the Sidings inside of the Depot area, just ripping up, and re laying a point or two, or three, well maybe FIVE actually.:D

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, Bogie said:

Never a dull moment with you Mr P! 

Just because I'm OLD, doesn't mean I HAVE to be DULL & BORING, haha.:laugh:.

Its the thrill of the chase,

Looking for perfection,

And still after all these year, I'm getting it W R O N G.:o  :fie:  ;)  :scared:  :swoon:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Bournemouth Central had EMU sidings between the main running lines so there is  a prototype!

You can never have enought EMU's  Don't forget Andy there is the new Hornby 4 VEP but you will need a mortgage on the house given Hornby's current pricing policy!!!!!

Paul R

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Bournemouth Central had EMU sidings between the main running lines so there is  a prototype!

You can never have enought EMU's  Don't forget Andy there is the new Hornby 4 VEP but you will need a mortgage on the house given Hornby's current pricing policy!!!!!

Paul R

I did look at that VEP, and Bl**dy heck, I'd need a BIG lottery win for that thing, its basically 4 x Mk 1 Coaches and a power Bogie.:banghead:

2 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

You have more blinking plans than the Government, Andy. I can't comment until the Sue Gray report has been released though...

The difference is Peter, My plans are Cunning, NOT Cummings.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4

16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I did look at that VEP, and Bl**dy heck, I'd need a BIG lottery win for that thing, its basically 4 x Mk 1 Coaches and a power Bogie.:banghead:

I know its ridiculous.

I've had the 7 car APT on order. When I ordered the price was £440 in 2020. It then went to £533 in 2021 and the 2022 price is now £586. I know things have gone up but there are no tooling costs to recover in the second batch, no design costs so why the high price.

The model shop from whom I ordered it has charged me £485 - a figure I don't recognise but I am grateful that they have not taken an unfair profit and charged the current going rate.

By the way I am not going 00. There are other reasons for this purchase!

Paul R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

I know its ridiculous.

I've had the 7 car APT on order. When I ordered the price was £440 in 2020. It then went to £533 in 2021 and the 2022 price is now £586. I know things have gone up but there are no tooling costs to recover in the second batch, no design costs so why the high price.

The model shop from whom I ordered it has charged me £485 - a figure I don't recognise but I am grateful that they have not taken an unfair profit and charged the current going rate.

By the way I am not going 00. There are other reasons for this purchase!

Paul R

I had the original Hornby APT, back in 80/81 ish, I think it was about £45, or may have been £75, not sure now.

• Like 2