Tesco credits use of rail freight for keeping shelves stocked in supply crisis

Good news this should be shouted from the roof tops bet the BBC wont even mention it and I doubt many other news sources will carry it.Well done to the rail companies that provide the trains etc I have a dvd of a Tesco train Glasgow to Inverness six days a week on time takes lorries off the roads cant be better.

1 hour ago, lmsforever said:

Good news this should be shouted from the roof tops bet the BBC wont even mention it and I doubt many other news sources will carry it.Well done to the rail companies that provide the trains etc I have a dvd of a Tesco train Glasgow to Inverness six days a week on time takes lorries off the roads cant be better.

Ok, it's not exactly a headline but rail delivery is mentioned in the BBC story: Tesco shrugs off supply concerns as sales surge - BBC News

• Informative/Useful 3

On 06/10/2021 at 13:04, Ramblin Rich said:

In the Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/oct/06/tesco-profits-double-as-shelves-stay-stocked-despite-supply-chain-problems

It would be nice to think this might wake up other potential users to the possibility of tail freight, including cross channel flows....

It’s only really useful for longer hauls between warehouses though,

but still good news

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mike Buckner said:

I've had weekly Tesco deliveries since the start of the pandemic. I can honestly say that absences/substitutions have been negligible.

But the container has made a bit of a mess of the front lawn!

• Funny 3