1S68 , The Thames Clyde Express

I wonder where the stock was serviced at Glasgow, WCML stock was serviced at Larkfield and the locomotives at Polmadie, but old traditions died hard and even after the services transferred from St. Enoch to Central the locomotives off the Thames Clyde and afternoon Leeds were serviced at Corkerhill,  The stock for the Leeds didn't leave the station but the Thames Clyde stock needed an overnight stay, might have gone to to Bellahouston CS?

Jim

On 17/05/2020 at 12:17, luckymucklebackit said:

I wonder where the stock was serviced at Glasgow, WCML stock was serviced at Larkfield and the locomotives at Polmadie, but old traditions died hard and even after the services transferred from St. Enoch to Central the locomotives off the Thames Clyde and afternoon Leeds were serviced at Corkerhill,  The stock for the Leeds didn't leave the station but the Thames Clyde stock needed an overnight stay, might have gone to to Bellahouston CS?

Jim

At the time when the Thames-Clyde ran into St. Enochs and the stock was serviced at Bellahouston, the booking boy at Shields1 or Shields2 (I can’t remember which) on the Glasgow and Paisley Joint used to be sent over to the restaurant car, after the stock had been stabled, to get a ‘take away’ for the box. 

(I heard this at the time from a relief signalman who worked in that area.)

Edited by pH
  • Like 1