Bachmann announce Blue Pullman

Andy Y

Guest baldrick25

As regards the livery variations yesterday, its being produced in original Nanking Blue, and in another blue with half yellows, which is a livery I don't ever remember - Maybe it was specific to the Midland Pullman, and I saw more of the Western version.

Spent a weekend mostly busy on 'other stuff', and come Monday 'everybody' is going to produce models of the BP in 4mm. Someone will probably find the Kitmaster moulding tools in perfect condition by the end of this week, and there just has to be an N gauge model coming from another source. wink.gif

Fingers crossed that it all 'shakes out' with the three parties currently involved making good decisions that don't result in retail shelf space overload: being engulfed in BP product should be restricted to once a century...

Hi All, ( Including Bachmann ).........

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that I am to invest in the time, effort and associated costs of producing the following 'OO' scale models, which are due to hit the shelves in January 2011......:

• Class 59
  • Class 67
  • Class 73
  • Class 442 'Wessex Electric'
  • 5-BEL

All of the above models will have top of the range specifications including working lights, all wheel drive, opening doors, DCC sound and scale, authentic working couplings such as the working drophead buckeyte and accurate proportions.

To supplement the above, I will also be releasing a scale working replica of each of the coaches from the current VSOE Pullman Landcruise train, based in London. Each vehicle will have working lights, opening doors and authentic working couplers, such as the drophead buckeyes.

They will be retailing at £500 per Locomotive ( come on, you get what you pay for ) and £450 per coach.............................

Well..........

Come on.............

I'm waiting..............

Bachmann ?

Hornby ?

Anybody.....???????????????

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Phew - now I can model the Sheffield - St Pancras / Bournemouth "Pullman" that ran from 1962 - 1975 splitting at Derby. Just happened to be timed to cross "Kestrel" going the other way through Winchester with the Bournemouth - York service over the Didcot, Newbury & Soton. The Clayton hauled Bromford Bridge - Fawley tanks would frequently be looped at Winchester to let the Pullman pass by.

What do you mean - it never happened !!!!!! :rolleyes:

The smoke now is clearing, and it seems Bachmann are producing the Midland Pullman only , as 2x 3-car units ( keeps the costs down). Bachmann have no plans to produce the Western Pullman , but Olivias Trains /Heljan have identified the differences, and they will be.

Er where is any of this information coming from? Bachmann have announced a 6 car unit, OT's site is still referring to Midland units and no mention at all of Western units.

Hi All, ( Including Bachmann ).........

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that I am to invest in the time, effort and associated costs of producing the following 'OO' scale models, which are due to hit the shelves in January 2011......:

• Class 59
  • Class 67
  • Class 73
  • 5-BEL

All of the above models will have top of the range specifications including working lights, all wheel drive, opening doors, DCC sound and scale, authentic working couplings such as the working drophead buckeyte and accurate proportions.

To supplement the above, I will also be releasing a scale working replica of each of the coaches from the current VSOE Pullman Landcruise train, based in London. Each vehicle will have working lights, opening doors and authentic working couplers, such as the drophead buckeyes.

They will be retailing at £500 per Locomotive ( come on, you get what you pay for ) and £450 per coach.............................

Well..........

Come on.............

I'm waiting..............

Bachmann ?

Hornby ?

Anybody.....???????????????

:D :D :D :D :D

Can I have mine with a working driver please who doesn't go on strike & never need feeding :dirol_mini:::D::dirol_mini:

• RMweb Gold

• 5-BEL

All of the above models will have top of the range specifications including working lights, all wheel drive,

How many decoders?????tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Andi

Guest baldrick25

Er where is any of this information coming from? Bachmann have announced a 6 car unit, OT's site is still referring to Midland units and no mention at all of Western units.

Try telephoning those involved in the respective productions. I have already said where the Bachmann info came from. Why not ring them yourself , and speak to someone who has knowledge of the project, or just wait and see what is produced. I'm sure a lot is still 'fluid' in the Bachmann production, and will change if marketing say that more boxes will be sold if .........? Those were yesterdays announcement plans.

Don't misunderstand me - its a six car box set, but construction its is 2 of each of 3 cars. Source is someone who was at the Bachmann launch yesterday and questioned those with the info. ie identical power cars ( except for numbering) etc. Its half the mouldings that need to be produced - does that explain it better.

The Midland Pullman is prototypically two identical 1/2 sets making up the full 6 car rake. They wont be cutting nay corners doing this.

I can't imagine them not doing the Western Pullman as well as a future run though if this works well.

Its worth remembering it was the Midland Pullman that Olivia's announced too, not the Western so they would have been directly competing for orders. I'd suggest their is dead, no one is going to pay the extra for no guarantee of a full set and from a manufacturer who isn't really delivering products to match the latest crop of Bachmann super detail items.

That was a disasterous product launch wasn't it ?

Of course...........I knew what I meant....................

Dave

I'll take six.

I don't think they'll look too out of place on a 1980's south west backwater branchline in 7mm...

Guest baldrick25

Did the Blue Pullman ever carry BR Blue with full yellow ends as I remember seeing on some Hornby/Triang models , or was that just the wrong choice of paint colour?

Did the Blue Pullman ever carry BR Blue with full yellow ends as I remember seeing on some Hornby/Triang models , or was that just the wrong choice of paint colour?

Nanking Blue with no yellow ends (NNYE) Nanking Blue with full yellow ends (NFYE) and reversed Blue&Grey with full yellow ends (BFYE).*

* 4-letter codes copyright F.L.A. Inc. of Huntington Beach CA

Try telephoning those involved in the respective productions. I have already said where the Bachmann info came from. Why not ring them yourself , and speak to someone who has knowledge of the project, or just wait and see what is produced. I'm sure a lot is still 'fluid' in the Bachmann production, and will change if marketing say that more boxes will be sold if .........? Those were yesterdays announcement plans.

Quite frankly I don't need to phone them, you were being asked to cite sources. And this doesn't answer the current position on Olivia's Trains website which is patently not what you stated.

Guest baldrick25
Few people saw it, and even fewer remember what it sounded like

I saw it most days , the Western Pullman version, if not more than once per day, and rode it regularly , the first time being days after it came into service as a 12 year old. That was , after paying the boarding supplementary charge of 12s 6d . Superb accelleration , and a mega leap from the 'flying banana' that was still in operation at Birmingham Snow Hill at the same period.

As to what it sounded like, I could tell if it sounded 'right' , but ask me to describe it - well , I couldn't . Ask me to describe a Valenta err I couldn't .. It was 'powerful' sounding , if anything a bit like a dulled down original HST.

Guest baldrick25
Quite frankly I don't need to phone them, you were being asked to cite sources. And this doesn't answer the current position on Olivia's Trains website which is patently not what you stated.

Ring Olivias then! I have in the past , and was told that they have identified the differences between Midland and Western versions , and the tooling is being engineered to produce firstly the Midland, and later the Western version.

Don't beleive me - Who cares?

As a modeller of railways on foreign shores, the news of the BP should leave me cold. Odd to say it doesnt. Bachmann really seem to be raising their game, and could in time tempt me to return to British prototypes.

Railway modellers are a perverse lot - instead of being grateful (those who have wanted the BP), or neutral (the rest) tere has to be knocking, and at worst insults.

How I wish that the owners of Bachmann had purchased Fleischmann instead of t'other mob. Just in case they are reading this and can change history.

Mike

Few people saw it, and even fewer remember what it sounded like, but it will have DCC sound..... Specially recorded off an HST or even a Ford Crown Victoria Custom '51...

I jest of course....ohmy.gif wink.gif

i work with a guy who remembers what the western units sounded like, he says they were near to a hymek but with more bark and a bit of whislte when they accelerated/decelerated. however, if thier 'music' cannot be 100% proven then the dcc sound cant be wrong can it!! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

I took Andy's posting to mean that the motor would be in one of the power cars, not a centre vehicle.

Andi

It makes sense, with Bachmann working on the Hampshire Units. After all, mechanically, the BP was only a glorified 6-H with pointly ends. : ;)

i work with a guy who remembers what the western units sounded like, he says they were near to a hymek but with more bark and a bit of whislte when they accelerated/decelerated. however, if thier 'music' cannot be 100% proven then the dcc sound cant be wrong can it!! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

So approaching the BBC for some sound clips from "One man and his dog" will have the sound down to a tee rolleyes.gif

I'll get me coat...

biggrin.gif

Archived