Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

Hi Buddy Deesdale Road is looking better every time l see it, really looking forward to seeing it the flesh, keep up the good work, its an inspiration for everybody great stuff

Thanks George, but remember it was your discarded PLANK that started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally got around to doing the warehouses along the back of the platform fence. The couple nearest the bridge were made by George T for his layout but never used so I have finished them off and made another to match and they drop down into slots along the back so can be removed for transportation or working on such as the factory names etc. G-Tap was the name used by George and myself for the G-Tap Blues band we had many years ago. I may do the same behind the storage sidings next.

post-9335-0-53103800-1298573257_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84081800-1298573300_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44691000-1298573378_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well I finally got around to making a start on the Distribution Warehouse today. I wasn't happy with look of the warehouse next to the bridge (see previous pic's). So I have shortened the warehouse and lowered it. I have also now put a stone wall from the bridge and a grass bank on top. I may still need another factory or warehouse behind to hide the fiddle yard at shows.

post-9335-0-99639800-1298926152_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97549500-1298926178_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63460400-1298926207_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27469000-1298926230_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

With Deesdale Road now all but complete I am now looking to exhibit it within about a 50 mile radius of Burton on Trent so if any exhibition managers would be interested please PM me with an e-mail address and phone number if you want and I will be happy to attend if I can. Remember its only 9 ft long !!!!! so one car and 2 operators.

post-9335-0-66460500-1299686701_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78240200-1299686716_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-21504100-1299686733_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I look forward to seeing it Andrew. If its within 50 miles of Burton it will be close enough for me!

Sorry to hear about the job, but like you say the plus side is plenty of modelling time.

Best wishes

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Andrew,

Good looking layout. Although I don't think that a layout is ever complete as there always seems to be something to add / repair / re-do.

I've just noticed that the front of the scenics in front of the station drops down nicely - I like this feature.

Sorry to hear about the work situation and hope that something comes up soon.

Mudmagnet

Thanks guy's for all your best wishes, I have a new project in the pipe line and when I sell St Budoc my O Gauge layout (see classifieds) I will have room to start another (and some funds ha ha) 3 layouts in a 9 ft x 7.5 ft room is a squeeze !!!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi All, I have been out of action on the web for some time as other commitments have taken priority. I have been helping 2 people with there O Gauge layouts plus taking apart our club layout that has been up for 40 plus years or so. I managed to put a 1 and a 1/2 inch nail in my foot so that slowed me down for a few days but is all o.k now. I have also been busy with the start of my new layout now that St Budoc is sold and I have some room again. I will post some pic's in a new thread as soon as I have sorted out its name. With the R M Web show looming it is time to get Deesdale ready so I have been busy adding a few small touches but the one thing I needed was to hide the fiddle yard. So it was time to find the engineering side of my brain. I could not find a way to support the back scene as the fiddle yard was a moveable sector plate below it. Then bingo, a couple of kitchen fixing brackets with threads in them and a sheet of plasticard and finally every modellers friend the HOT GLUE GUM. Now all I have to do is to paint in my back scene and I am done. See you at Stafford

post-9335-0-33870400-1306857640_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65446400-1306858237_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18542300-1306858251_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking layout and some lovely scenery and building work, what materials did you use for the base of the ground cover, some lovely shades of green in there

great work

Neil

Great looking layout and some lovely scenery and building work, what materials did you use for the base of the ground cover, some lovely shades of green in there

great work

Neil

Thanks Neil, It is a mixture of about 4 or 5 flocks mainly Woodland Scenci's but Anita Decor do a fine almost grass like fibers in various shades. I do intend to get a grass applicator but first I have just emptied a Tomato Ketchup bottle which I am going to try, a bit like the Gaugemaster applicator. I will let you all know how I get on.

yeah i agree the backscenes look fantastic, are you also a landscape painter in between modelling too.

Thanks for the info on the greenery, i also tried to replicate a static grass applicator using an old talc bottle ( thanks to my 10mth old sons nappy filling expertise ) this worked pretty well, but the bottle finally gave in 3/4s of the way through, so a more solid bottle is a must, but the ketchup bottle is a good idea, i found i had to make the holes a little bit wide, but i think thats dependent on the grass length your using.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Guys Thanks for your nice comments again, Yes I do a bit of landscape painting normally when I am on holliday. The shelves at the back of the back scene are just a couple of bits of MDF Hot Glued to the plasticard. It will be mainly for the odd wagon or two as I think a loco may be a bit heavy but only time will tell. If I need to order a NEW 47 or 66 then it wasn't strong enough! Andy.

oh right, well its a pretty clever design as i suppose it saves space when storing bits of rolling stock at exhbitions...

if you dont mind me askign what have you used as the wood for the front/ fascia of the layout?

cheers

Jon

oh right, well its a pretty clever design as i suppose it saves space when storing bits of rolling stock at exhbitions...

if you dont mind me askign what have you used as the wood for the front/ fascia of the layout?

cheers

Jon

Hi Jon, The font facia is MDF but if you mean the backscene for hiding the fiddle yard that is very thin plasticard. Andy.